Harrison Ford's Wife Goes to U.K. to Be by His Side After 'Star Wars' Set Injury
Harrison Ford's wife Calista Flockhart has flown to Britain to comfort her husband who was injured on the set of "Star Wars Episode VII". Rumor claims he broke his ankle, but a new report suggests the injury could have been more serious than initially suspected.
The actor's son, Ben Ford, revealed to Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle. Ben also said the film's crew might adjust filming to his father's condition since they need to shoot the actor from the waist up during his recovery.
Meanwhile, an insider told The Sun that the Han Solo depicter had "pelvis injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." He was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. A hydraulic door allegedly fell down and hit him on set.
While he was hospitalized, the filming for the next "Star Wars" film continues. "Episode VII" is set 30 years after the events of the 1983 film "Return of the Jedi". It will hit theaters December 18, 2015. J.J. Abrams serves as a director and writes the script with Lawrence Kasdan.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album