Harrison Ford's Wife Goes to U.K. to Be by His Side After 'Star Wars' Set Injury
Harrison Ford's wife Calista Flockhart has flown to Britain to comfort her husband who was injured on the set of "Star Wars Episode VII". Rumor claims he broke his ankle, but a new report suggests the injury could have been more serious than initially suspected.
The actor's son, Ben Ford, revealed to Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle. Ben also said the film's crew might adjust filming to his father's condition since they need to shoot the actor from the waist up during his recovery.
Meanwhile, an insider told The Sun that the Han Solo depicter had "pelvis injuries and may have had a chest X-ray." He was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. A hydraulic door allegedly fell down and hit him on set.
While he was hospitalized, the filming for the next "Star Wars" film continues. "Episode VII" is set 30 years after the events of the 1983 film "Return of the Jedi". It will hit theaters December 18, 2015. J.J. Abrams serves as a director and writes the script with Lawrence Kasdan.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards