'Jeopardy' Host Alex Trebex Gets Guinness World Record Certificate
Alex Trebex is celebrating a milestone as "Jeopardy!" holds the record for having the "most game show episodes hosted by the same presenter." He was handed a certificate from Guinness World Records this weekend for emceeing the show for over 6,829 episodes.
Trebek has hosted the game show since 1984 and asked approximately 416,000 questions, but the 73-year-old presenter has no plan to retire anytime soon. "I want to continue for a few more years," he said while delivering his speech upon receiving the certificate.
Saying that the honor "is the kind of record that can be replaced," the TV personality jokingly added, "The good news is as long as I keep hosting the program, I stay ahead of whoever's in second place and that makes me feel good."
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens