'Jeopardy' Host Alex Trebex Gets Guinness World Record Certificate
Alex Trebex is celebrating a milestone as "Jeopardy!" holds the record for having the "most game show episodes hosted by the same presenter." He was handed a certificate from Guinness World Records this weekend for emceeing the show for over 6,829 episodes.
Trebek has hosted the game show since 1984 and asked approximately 416,000 questions, but the 73-year-old presenter has no plan to retire anytime soon. "I want to continue for a few more years," he said while delivering his speech upon receiving the certificate.
Saying that the honor "is the kind of record that can be replaced," the TV personality jokingly added, "The good news is as long as I keep hosting the program, I stay ahead of whoever's in second place and that makes me feel good."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics