Legendary Radio Host Casey Kasem Dies at 82
Casey Kasem passed away Sunday, June 15 in a hospital in Gig Harbor, Washington after years of declining health. The former "American Top 40" host died from Lewy Body Disease, a form of dementia with symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease. He was 82.
"Early this Father's Day morning, our dad Casey Kasem passed away surrounded by family and friends," read a statement signed by his three adult children. "Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken."
They went on, "Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. The world will miss Casey Kasem, an incredible talent and humanitarian; we will miss our Dad. With love, Kerri, Mike and Julie."
Casey became a center of public fight between his second wife Jean Kasem and his children from his first marriage. Last year, his children went to court to seek control of his health care and accused Jean of isolating him from his family and friends.
His daughter Kerri was granted conservatorship of his well being after Jean reportedly moved him from a medical facility in Los Angeles to a home in Washington state. He suffered a severe bedsore and was in critical condition by the time he was back to hospital in early June.
A judge eventually allowed his daughter to stop medication, food, and fluids for her ailing father, a decision which his wife Jean strongly opposed.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3