Legendary Radio Host Casey Kasem Dies at 82
Casey Kasem passed away Sunday, June 15 in a hospital in Gig Harbor, Washington after years of declining health. The former "American Top 40" host died from Lewy Body Disease, a form of dementia with symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease. He was 82.
"Early this Father's Day morning, our dad Casey Kasem passed away surrounded by family and friends," read a statement signed by his three adult children. "Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken."
They went on, "Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. The world will miss Casey Kasem, an incredible talent and humanitarian; we will miss our Dad. With love, Kerri, Mike and Julie."
Casey became a center of public fight between his second wife Jean Kasem and his children from his first marriage. Last year, his children went to court to seek control of his health care and accused Jean of isolating him from his family and friends.
His daughter Kerri was granted conservatorship of his well being after Jean reportedly moved him from a medical facility in Los Angeles to a home in Washington state. He suffered a severe bedsore and was in critical condition by the time he was back to hospital in early June.
A judge eventually allowed his daughter to stop medication, food, and fluids for her ailing father, a decision which his wife Jean strongly opposed.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?