Kelly Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock Welcome Baby Girl River Rose
Congratulations are in order for Kelly Clarkson, 32, and her husband Brandon Blackstock. The couple who got married on October 20 last year has just welcomed a baby girl, their first child together just in time for Father's Day. They named their bundle of joy River Rose Blackstock.
The singer gave birth on Thursday and broke the news on Saturday via Twitter. "Our baby girl River Rose Blackstock arrived on June 12th! Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!! :)," the new mom shared to her more than 9 million followers.
Clarkson and Blackstock, a talent manager, first met in 2006 during rehearsals for the American Country Music Awards, but they didn't start dating until six years later. Shortly after tying the knot, she told Us Weekly last year, "More than anything, next I want a baby. Lots of them!"
"My record label is freaking out because all I can talk about now are babies. We're really excited and want to get our family started," she said. "I'm 31 and we'd like to do it the natural way. My eggs aren't getting any younger! So we're really excited."
She announced her pregnancy in November, calling it the "best early Christmas present ever." She then revealed the gender of her baby in January, tweeting, "We just found out we're having a girl officially! I knew it! Only a girl could cause this much drama with all this vomiting ha!"
Blackstock, who is the stepson of country singer Reba McEntire, already has two kids, daughter Savannah, 11, and son Seth, 7, from a previous marriage. Both of them were in attendance when he swapped wedding vows with Clarkson at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'