Kelly Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock Welcome Baby Girl River Rose
Congratulations are in order for Kelly Clarkson, 32, and her husband Brandon Blackstock. The couple who got married on October 20 last year has just welcomed a baby girl, their first child together just in time for Father's Day. They named their bundle of joy River Rose Blackstock.
The singer gave birth on Thursday and broke the news on Saturday via Twitter. "Our baby girl River Rose Blackstock arrived on June 12th! Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes! Brandon and I are on cloud 9!! :)," the new mom shared to her more than 9 million followers.
Clarkson and Blackstock, a talent manager, first met in 2006 during rehearsals for the American Country Music Awards, but they didn't start dating until six years later. Shortly after tying the knot, she told Us Weekly last year, "More than anything, next I want a baby. Lots of them!"
"My record label is freaking out because all I can talk about now are babies. We're really excited and want to get our family started," she said. "I'm 31 and we'd like to do it the natural way. My eggs aren't getting any younger! So we're really excited."
She announced her pregnancy in November, calling it the "best early Christmas present ever." She then revealed the gender of her baby in January, tweeting, "We just found out we're having a girl officially! I knew it! Only a girl could cause this much drama with all this vomiting ha!"
Blackstock, who is the stepson of country singer Reba McEntire, already has two kids, daughter Savannah, 11, and son Seth, 7, from a previous marriage. Both of them were in attendance when he swapped wedding vows with Clarkson at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee.
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her