'Orange Is the New Black' Adds Oscar Winner Mary Steenburgen for Season 3
"Orange Is the New Black" will possibly have a new inmate. Mary Steenburgen, who won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 1980's "Melvin and Howard", has joined the cast of the comedy series for season 3.
The 61-year-old star broke the news via Twitter. "Very excited to go to my first wardrobe fitting of OITNB! Will I be in orange or black?:)" she coyly tweeted without revealing her character on the show. She apparently has deleted the tweet though.
Meanwhile, Yael Stone has received the good news that she's promoted to series regular for the third season. Her character Lorna Morello, a psychotic inmate, heavily recurred on the show since the first season.
It has also been reported that Laura Prepon, Dascha Polanco, Selenis Leyva, Samira Wiley, Adrienne C. Moore and Nick Sandow will be promoted to series regulars in the next installment of the Netflix series.
Netflix ordered "OITNB" for a third season in May, before the second season premiered on June 6.
Steenburgen starred in "The Proposal" (2009), "The Help" (2011) and most recently guest starred on FX's "Justified".
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit