'Orange Is the New Black' Adds Oscar Winner Mary Steenburgen for Season 3
"Orange Is the New Black" will possibly have a new inmate. Mary Steenburgen, who won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 1980's "Melvin and Howard", has joined the cast of the comedy series for season 3.
The 61-year-old star broke the news via Twitter. "Very excited to go to my first wardrobe fitting of OITNB! Will I be in orange or black?:)" she coyly tweeted without revealing her character on the show. She apparently has deleted the tweet though.
Meanwhile, Yael Stone has received the good news that she's promoted to series regular for the third season. Her character Lorna Morello, a psychotic inmate, heavily recurred on the show since the first season.
It has also been reported that Laura Prepon, Dascha Polanco, Selenis Leyva, Samira Wiley, Adrienne C. Moore and Nick Sandow will be promoted to series regulars in the next installment of the Netflix series.
Netflix ordered "OITNB" for a third season in May, before the second season premiered on June 6.
Steenburgen starred in "The Proposal" (2009), "The Help" (2011) and most recently guest starred on FX's "Justified".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked