'Orange Is the New Black' Adds Oscar Winner Mary Steenburgen for Season 3
"Orange Is the New Black" will possibly have a new inmate. Mary Steenburgen, who won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in 1980's "Melvin and Howard", has joined the cast of the comedy series for season 3.
The 61-year-old star broke the news via Twitter. "Very excited to go to my first wardrobe fitting of OITNB! Will I be in orange or black?:)" she coyly tweeted without revealing her character on the show. She apparently has deleted the tweet though.
Meanwhile, Yael Stone has received the good news that she's promoted to series regular for the third season. Her character Lorna Morello, a psychotic inmate, heavily recurred on the show since the first season.
It has also been reported that Laura Prepon, Dascha Polanco, Selenis Leyva, Samira Wiley, Adrienne C. Moore and Nick Sandow will be promoted to series regulars in the next installment of the Netflix series.
Netflix ordered "OITNB" for a third season in May, before the second season premiered on June 6.
Steenburgen starred in "The Proposal" (2009), "The Help" (2011) and most recently guest starred on FX's "Justified".
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image