Netflix Teams Up With DreamWorks Animation for Children's Series 'Dinotrux'
Netflix is developing another original series, this time for children, once again teaming up with DreamWorks Animation. The streaming giant has ordered "Dinotrux", a dinosaur series which is based on Chris Gall's award-winning book series, for a spring 2015 premiere.
The "action-packed" kids' series, set in a fantastical world, follows the adventures of two unlikely best friends, Ty and Revvit, as they navigate the adrenaline-filled mechanical domain ruled by stunning oversize creatures like Tyrannosaurus Trux, Scraptors and Tow-a-constrictors. Ty is a massive and fiercely loyal T-Trux with a big vision for a new world, while his best buddy Revvit is described as a razor-smart Reptool who is the engineering brains of the operation.
Together they build an incredible world of epic scope populated by groups of Dinotrux and Reptools, each with their own personality and skill set as they unite to defend their community from the biggest and baddest of them all, D-Strux, as he threatens to destroy everything they've built.
Margie Cohn, Head of Television at DreamWorks Animation, said, "This is a property that creates a new world with stunning visuals and fantastic action combined with great characters and comedy. In Dinotrux, the biggest guy and the smallest creature become best friends and through their unique partnership evolve their primitive world - a theme that we think will resonate with kids."
Cindy Holland, Vice President Originals Content at Netflix, added, "DreamWorks has a proven track record of creating beloved characters and we're excited to be able to bring the Dinotrux friends to our members. We know kids and families love discovering new series to watch together and we're pleased to continue to expand our show line-up from DreamWorks."
Netflix previously launched original kids series "Turbo FAST" from DreamWorks Animation in 2013. The streaming giant has also picked up new shows "King Julien", "Puss in Boots" and "Veggie" for 2014, and "Tales in the House" as well as "DreamWorks Dragons" for 2015 from the studio.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'