George Clooney Plays Pick-Up Game With Student From His High School
George Clooney joined a pick up game with a high school student, after making a surprising appearance at a basketball court behind St. Augustine Catholic Church in Augusta. The "Ocean's Thirteen" actor was attending a family reunion in his hometown in Augusta, Kentucky when he met Brent Bach, an Augusta High School's basketball player, who was playing basketball with his friends. It was reported that George wandered over the basketball court before he met the boys.
George, who also graduated from Augusta High School, was a former baseball and basketball player during his high school time. It was later known that Brent's parents, Mike and Laura Bach, were George's high school friends. He told Brent about Augusta's win for the second year in a row when competing against Mason County in the district semifinals. "He told me he was proud of me and everything we did for the school and the town we represented," said Brent.
According to Brent, the "Gravity" actor had not lost his basketball skills when the two played a pick-up game. Brent praised George, "He's got an all right jump shot, and he's in shape."
The 53-year-old star joked with Brent about which of them was the number 1 player of Augusta High School. "He tells me he's still No. 1, and I'm not going to argue," Brent added, "He's a really good guy."
George is currently filming "Tomorrowland", a science fiction movie, which is also starring Brittany Robertson and Hugh Laurie. The movie will be released in 2015.
In his senior year, Clooney's average points were just 6 and his team won just 1 of 27 games. Meanwhile, Brent's average points were 31 and he won 20 of 32 games.
More George Clooney News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences