George Clooney Plays Pick-Up Game With Student From His High School
George Clooney joined a pick up game with a high school student, after making a surprising appearance at a basketball court behind St. Augustine Catholic Church in Augusta. The "Ocean's Thirteen" actor was attending a family reunion in his hometown in Augusta, Kentucky when he met Brent Bach, an Augusta High School's basketball player, who was playing basketball with his friends. It was reported that George wandered over the basketball court before he met the boys.
George, who also graduated from Augusta High School, was a former baseball and basketball player during his high school time. It was later known that Brent's parents, Mike and Laura Bach, were George's high school friends. He told Brent about Augusta's win for the second year in a row when competing against Mason County in the district semifinals. "He told me he was proud of me and everything we did for the school and the town we represented," said Brent.
According to Brent, the "Gravity" actor had not lost his basketball skills when the two played a pick-up game. Brent praised George, "He's got an all right jump shot, and he's in shape."
The 53-year-old star joked with Brent about which of them was the number 1 player of Augusta High School. "He tells me he's still No. 1, and I'm not going to argue," Brent added, "He's a really good guy."
George is currently filming "Tomorrowland", a science fiction movie, which is also starring Brittany Robertson and Hugh Laurie. The movie will be released in 2015.
In his senior year, Clooney's average points were just 6 and his team won just 1 of 27 games. Meanwhile, Brent's average points were 31 and he won 20 of 32 games.
More George Clooney News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture