Kathy Griffin 'Thrilled' to Host 2014 Daytime Emmy Awards
It has just been annouced that Kathy Griffin will host the 41st annual Daytime Emmy Awards, less than a month before the show takes place. The actress/comedian will take the lead during the prize-giving event, which will be presented June 22 from the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills.
"I am beyond thrilled to be hosting what I'm told is the most important television event of the year. Knowing that over 100 million people from every corner of the planet will be watching, I will try to keep my nerves at bay and deliver a great show," she said in a statement.
"I can only hope that at the end of the evening, critics and fans alike will compare it to the experience they once had watching Neil Armstrong take man's first step on the moon. My only regret is knowing that this epic evening will distract millions of viewers from enjoying this year's World Cup. I apologize to FIFA."
Malachy G. Wienges, chairman of The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, said, "We are very excited to have Kathy leading our ceremony this year. She is a beloved figure in the community and we know that she will have audiences laughing the night away as we honor the brightest stars in our industry on a global stage."
The Daytime Emmys, which was broadcast on HLN in the past two years, could not find a home on television this year. Thus, the show will livestream at DaytimeEmmys.net beginning at 5 P.M. PT on Sunday, June 22.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers