Simon Pegg on Edgar Wright's Exit From 'Ant-Man': It's Marvel's Loss
Simon Pegg takes sides in "Ant-Man" drama which revolves around Edgar Wright's abrupt departure after years of involvement. The actor praised the story conceived by the director and Joe Cornish, claiming he had read their script. "I think it's a terrible shame," he said in a chat with Sky Movies.
"I get why perhaps it's happened. Maybe they want a particular thing in line with a particular other thing, but if you hire a director who has a particular vision, you've got to expect him or her to make a such and such film. An Edgar Wright film," Pegg went on.
"That's what that script was and it was interesting," he continued. "The characters had a real journey. I can't really say too much about it because obviously it's not my thing, but it's their loss."
The actor, who worked with Wright in the Cornetto Trilogy, also tweeted, "Feel lucky that I got to read @EdgarWright and Joe Cornish's Ant-Man script. Daring, fun, funny and hugely exciting. Shame we won't see it."
"Ant-Man" is set for July 17, 2015. Peyton Reed ("The Break-Up", "Bring It On") is officially tapped as a new director after Wright left due to creative differences. Adam McKay who was originally rumored as one of the candidates to take over the helming duty will be involved in the comic book adaptation to polish the script.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
More Ant-Man News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture