Simon Pegg on Edgar Wright's Exit From 'Ant-Man': It's Marvel's Loss
Simon Pegg takes sides in "Ant-Man" drama which revolves around Edgar Wright's abrupt departure after years of involvement. The actor praised the story conceived by the director and Joe Cornish, claiming he had read their script. "I think it's a terrible shame," he said in a chat with Sky Movies.
"I get why perhaps it's happened. Maybe they want a particular thing in line with a particular other thing, but if you hire a director who has a particular vision, you've got to expect him or her to make a such and such film. An Edgar Wright film," Pegg went on.
"That's what that script was and it was interesting," he continued. "The characters had a real journey. I can't really say too much about it because obviously it's not my thing, but it's their loss."
The actor, who worked with Wright in the Cornetto Trilogy, also tweeted, "Feel lucky that I got to read @EdgarWright and Joe Cornish's Ant-Man script. Daring, fun, funny and hugely exciting. Shame we won't see it."
"Ant-Man" is set for July 17, 2015. Peyton Reed ("The Break-Up", "Bring It On") is officially tapped as a new director after Wright left due to creative differences. Adam McKay who was originally rumored as one of the candidates to take over the helming duty will be involved in the comic book adaptation to polish the script.
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Michael Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series