Morrissey's Guitarist Slams Singer's Former Collaborators Over Tour Cancellation
Earlier this week, Morrissey canceled the remaining dates of his U.S. tour due to an illness that he claimed was passed to him by opening act Kristeen Young. The songstress who was subsequently booted from the tour later denied the claim, writing on Facebook that she only had allergies and she wasn't responsible for the 55-year-old performer's illness.
Now, Morrissey's guitarist named Jesse Tobias defended the star and blasted Young in a lengthy statement issued via fan site "True to You". Tobias also attacked producer Tony Visconti, who worked with both Moz and Young in the past, for "liking" Young's Facebook post.
"It is unbearable to watch people you once trusted attack and pick away at your friend," he wrote. "Morissey chooses to tour/work with certain people. For Kristeen and Tony Visconti to go on about her being better off now, without considering Morrissey's nine years of help and promotion [for Young] is very disappointing."
"Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous," he continued and explained that Morrissey's crew kept their distance from Young after learning that she was "obviously unwell."
"I am upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement," Tobias added. "One could only assume it was necessary for her to justify herself and ultimately receive some promotion out of the matter."
"This combined with Tony Visconti's parrot-like affirmation on 'Facebook' that 'she is better off - is Morrissey capable of being handled?' is repulsive. This is a man who worked closely with us on a record and several sessions that suddenly flips into schoolgirl mode with 'yeah, you tell 'em' chatter? Good riddance to false friends," he said.
Morrissey's canceled U.S. tour dates were initially scheduled to run through the end of June. The singer is now gearing up for the release of his new album, "World Peace Is None of Your Business", which is due out on July 15 via Harvest Records.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance