Morrissey's Guitarist Slams Singer's Former Collaborators Over Tour Cancellation
Earlier this week, Morrissey canceled the remaining dates of his U.S. tour due to an illness that he claimed was passed to him by opening act Kristeen Young. The songstress who was subsequently booted from the tour later denied the claim, writing on Facebook that she only had allergies and she wasn't responsible for the 55-year-old performer's illness.
Now, Morrissey's guitarist named Jesse Tobias defended the star and blasted Young in a lengthy statement issued via fan site "True to You". Tobias also attacked producer Tony Visconti, who worked with both Moz and Young in the past, for "liking" Young's Facebook post.
"It is unbearable to watch people you once trusted attack and pick away at your friend," he wrote. "Morissey chooses to tour/work with certain people. For Kristeen and Tony Visconti to go on about her being better off now, without considering Morrissey's nine years of help and promotion [for Young] is very disappointing."
"Only speaking from my experience, with the crew and Moz falling ill in Miami, for Kristeen to deny she was truly sick seems disingenuous," he continued and explained that Morrissey's crew kept their distance from Young after learning that she was "obviously unwell."
"I am upset that in this situation Kristeen could not take the tour as a whole into consideration and just comply with the postponement announcement," Tobias added. "One could only assume it was necessary for her to justify herself and ultimately receive some promotion out of the matter."
"This combined with Tony Visconti's parrot-like affirmation on 'Facebook' that 'she is better off - is Morrissey capable of being handled?' is repulsive. This is a man who worked closely with us on a record and several sessions that suddenly flips into schoolgirl mode with 'yeah, you tell 'em' chatter? Good riddance to false friends," he said.
Morrissey's canceled U.S. tour dates were initially scheduled to run through the end of June. The singer is now gearing up for the release of his new album, "World Peace Is None of Your Business", which is due out on July 15 via Harvest Records.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says