'Game of Thrones' Scribe to Pen 'Magic: The Gathering' Movie
20th Century Fox's "Magic: The Gathering" movie has tapped "Game of Thrones" scribe Bryan Cogman to pen its script. Cogman is known as a producer, story editor as well as one of the few writers of the critically-acclaimed HBO series.
Plans to bring popular card game "Magic: The Gathering" to the big screen was announced early this year. "The Fantastic Four" franchise scribe Simon Kinberg was hired to produce, engineer and oversee the development of the movie series together with Hasbro execs, Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis, Wizards of the Coast CEO Greg Leeds as well as other execs.
Fox acquired the rights to the Wizards of the Coast game in January. The studio planned to launch a franchise by having the movie in the scale of "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings" franchises.
Introduced in 1993, the collectible-trading-card-game movement involves cards with a variety of characters, spells and weapons that are used to fight opposing players.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences