'Game of Thrones' Scribe to Pen 'Magic: The Gathering' Movie
20th Century Fox's "Magic: The Gathering" movie has tapped "Game of Thrones" scribe Bryan Cogman to pen its script. Cogman is known as a producer, story editor as well as one of the few writers of the critically-acclaimed HBO series.
Plans to bring popular card game "Magic: The Gathering" to the big screen was announced early this year. "The Fantastic Four" franchise scribe Simon Kinberg was hired to produce, engineer and oversee the development of the movie series together with Hasbro execs, Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis, Wizards of the Coast CEO Greg Leeds as well as other execs.
Fox acquired the rights to the Wizards of the Coast game in January. The studio planned to launch a franchise by having the movie in the scale of "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings" franchises.
Introduced in 1993, the collectible-trading-card-game movement involves cards with a variety of characters, spells and weapons that are used to fight opposing players.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked