'Game of Thrones' Scribe to Pen 'Magic: The Gathering' Movie
20th Century Fox's "Magic: The Gathering" movie has tapped "Game of Thrones" scribe Bryan Cogman to pen its script. Cogman is known as a producer, story editor as well as one of the few writers of the critically-acclaimed HBO series.
Plans to bring popular card game "Magic: The Gathering" to the big screen was announced early this year. "The Fantastic Four" franchise scribe Simon Kinberg was hired to produce, engineer and oversee the development of the movie series together with Hasbro execs, Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis, Wizards of the Coast CEO Greg Leeds as well as other execs.
Fox acquired the rights to the Wizards of the Coast game in January. The studio planned to launch a franchise by having the movie in the scale of "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings" franchises.
Introduced in 1993, the collectible-trading-card-game movement involves cards with a variety of characters, spells and weapons that are used to fight opposing players.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'