'Game of Thrones' Scribe to Pen 'Magic: The Gathering' Movie
20th Century Fox's "Magic: The Gathering" movie has tapped "Game of Thrones" scribe Bryan Cogman to pen its script. Cogman is known as a producer, story editor as well as one of the few writers of the critically-acclaimed HBO series.
Plans to bring popular card game "Magic: The Gathering" to the big screen was announced early this year. "The Fantastic Four" franchise scribe Simon Kinberg was hired to produce, engineer and oversee the development of the movie series together with Hasbro execs, Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis, Wizards of the Coast CEO Greg Leeds as well as other execs.
Fox acquired the rights to the Wizards of the Coast game in January. The studio planned to launch a franchise by having the movie in the scale of "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings" franchises.
Introduced in 1993, the collectible-trading-card-game movement involves cards with a variety of characters, spells and weapons that are used to fight opposing players.
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC