'Game of Thrones' Scribe to Pen 'Magic: The Gathering' Movie
20th Century Fox's "Magic: The Gathering" movie has tapped "Game of Thrones" scribe Bryan Cogman to pen its script. Cogman is known as a producer, story editor as well as one of the few writers of the critically-acclaimed HBO series.
Plans to bring popular card game "Magic: The Gathering" to the big screen was announced early this year. "The Fantastic Four" franchise scribe Simon Kinberg was hired to produce, engineer and oversee the development of the movie series together with Hasbro execs, Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis, Wizards of the Coast CEO Greg Leeds as well as other execs.
Fox acquired the rights to the Wizards of the Coast game in January. The studio planned to launch a franchise by having the movie in the scale of "Harry Potter" and "Lord of the Rings" franchises.
Introduced in 1993, the collectible-trading-card-game movement involves cards with a variety of characters, spells and weapons that are used to fight opposing players.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'