NBC Developing The Beatles Event Series From 'The Tudors' Team
NBC will relive The Beatles' glorious days with an event series. The network is in early stages of developing an eight-part small-screen project that revolves around the Fab Four, Deadline reports.
"The Tudors" creator/executive producer Michael Hirst will write it and executive produce the project along with "Tudors" executive producers Ben Silverman and Teri Weinberg. The three previously worked with NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt when he was at Showtime.
The project is part of NBC's effort to focus on event programming area. The Peacock enjoyed success with last winter's "The Sound of Music Live!" and plans to follow it up with live musical productions of "Peter Pan" and "The Music Man" for 2014 and 2015 respectively.
The network recently aired "Rosemary's Baby" miniseries and has also greenlit "The Bible" sequel "A.D." from Mark Burnett and Roma Downey which will highlight the events following Jesus Christ's death.
The Beatles, consisting of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, made their first live U.S. television performance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1974. Earlier this year, CBS celebrated 50th anniversary of the band's performance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" with a tribute concert featuring Katy Perry, John Mayer, Keith Urban, Ed Sheeran, John Legend and more. The remaining Beatles were also present at the taped show that aired in February.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4