Justin Bieber to Strike Plea Deal in DUI Case
Justin Bieber reportedly has arranged a plea deal in his DUI case. The Canadian pop star was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida in January and was charged with DUI, resisting arrest and driving without a valid license. Bieber was under influence of prescription medications and alcohol when he was arrested.
According to a new report by TMZ, the "Baby" hitmaker will plead guilty to reckless driving. As the result, the other charges will be dismissed. He will have to pay a fine and attend anger management classes, but he won't be put on probation. Sources close to the situation said that the plea deal would be submitted to court in the next two weeks.
According to the report, the plea deal took a while because of two issues. The judge reportedly wanted Bieber to produce an anti-drug PSA before his camp and the prosecutor argued that it was inappropriate. The prosecutors then reportedly wanted the 20-year-old star to attend drug/alcohol education class, but his legal team insisted that the singer did not have drug problems. They then agreed on the anger management class.
Bieber has had several runs-in with the law. In addition to the DUI case, he was accused of assaulting a limo driver in Toronto during the Christmas holidays. In May, a woman accused him of attempted robbery following an alleged phone-snatching incident at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. He avoided felony robbery charge in the case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting