Justin Bieber to Strike Plea Deal in DUI Case
Justin Bieber reportedly has arranged a plea deal in his DUI case. The Canadian pop star was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida in January and was charged with DUI, resisting arrest and driving without a valid license. Bieber was under influence of prescription medications and alcohol when he was arrested.
According to a new report by TMZ, the "Baby" hitmaker will plead guilty to reckless driving. As the result, the other charges will be dismissed. He will have to pay a fine and attend anger management classes, but he won't be put on probation. Sources close to the situation said that the plea deal would be submitted to court in the next two weeks.
According to the report, the plea deal took a while because of two issues. The judge reportedly wanted Bieber to produce an anti-drug PSA before his camp and the prosecutor argued that it was inappropriate. The prosecutors then reportedly wanted the 20-year-old star to attend drug/alcohol education class, but his legal team insisted that the singer did not have drug problems. They then agreed on the anger management class.
Bieber has had several runs-in with the law. In addition to the DUI case, he was accused of assaulting a limo driver in Toronto during the Christmas holidays. In May, a woman accused him of attempted robbery following an alleged phone-snatching incident at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. He avoided felony robbery charge in the case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist