Justin Bieber to Strike Plea Deal in DUI Case
Justin Bieber reportedly has arranged a plea deal in his DUI case. The Canadian pop star was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida in January and was charged with DUI, resisting arrest and driving without a valid license. Bieber was under influence of prescription medications and alcohol when he was arrested.
According to a new report by TMZ, the "Baby" hitmaker will plead guilty to reckless driving. As the result, the other charges will be dismissed. He will have to pay a fine and attend anger management classes, but he won't be put on probation. Sources close to the situation said that the plea deal would be submitted to court in the next two weeks.
According to the report, the plea deal took a while because of two issues. The judge reportedly wanted Bieber to produce an anti-drug PSA before his camp and the prosecutor argued that it was inappropriate. The prosecutors then reportedly wanted the 20-year-old star to attend drug/alcohol education class, but his legal team insisted that the singer did not have drug problems. They then agreed on the anger management class.
Bieber has had several runs-in with the law. In addition to the DUI case, he was accused of assaulting a limo driver in Toronto during the Christmas holidays. In May, a woman accused him of attempted robbery following an alleged phone-snatching incident at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. He avoided felony robbery charge in the case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free