Justin Bieber to Strike Plea Deal in DUI Case
Justin Bieber reportedly has arranged a plea deal in his DUI case. The Canadian pop star was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida in January and was charged with DUI, resisting arrest and driving without a valid license. Bieber was under influence of prescription medications and alcohol when he was arrested.
According to a new report by TMZ, the "Baby" hitmaker will plead guilty to reckless driving. As the result, the other charges will be dismissed. He will have to pay a fine and attend anger management classes, but he won't be put on probation. Sources close to the situation said that the plea deal would be submitted to court in the next two weeks.
According to the report, the plea deal took a while because of two issues. The judge reportedly wanted Bieber to produce an anti-drug PSA before his camp and the prosecutor argued that it was inappropriate. The prosecutors then reportedly wanted the 20-year-old star to attend drug/alcohol education class, but his legal team insisted that the singer did not have drug problems. They then agreed on the anger management class.
Bieber has had several runs-in with the law. In addition to the DUI case, he was accused of assaulting a limo driver in Toronto during the Christmas holidays. In May, a woman accused him of attempted robbery following an alleged phone-snatching incident at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. He avoided felony robbery charge in the case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer