Lana Del Rey and Lou Reed Were Supposed to Work on 'Brooklyn Baby' the Day He Died
Lana Del Rey initially planned to work with Lou Reed for a song on her new album, "Ultraviolence". Speaking to The Guardian, the singer revealed that a track titled "Brooklyn Baby" was supposed to feature contribution from the late rocker.
However, Del Rey ended up finishing the song alone as Reed passed away on the day they were scheduled to meet. "I took the red eye, touched down at 07:00 A.M.... and two minutes later he died," she explained. Reed died at the age of 71 on October 27 last year.
During her chat with The Guardian's Tim Jonze, Del Rey also told him she wished she was already dead. She said that as she talked about her inspirations like Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse.
"I don't want to have to keep doing this. But I am," she added and went on explaining that she didn't enjoy being a pop star who was targeted by critics. "Family members will come on the road with me and say: 'Wow, your life is just like a movie!' And I'm like: 'Yeah, a really f**ked-up movie,' " she said.
Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" is set to be released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17. "Brooklyn Baby", along with "West Coast", "Shade" of Cool" and title track "Ultraviolence", has preceded the arrival of the follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die".
More Lana Del Rey News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked