Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe in Talks for Shane Black's 'The Nice Guys'
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are in negotiations to star in an upcoming noir movie "The Nice Guys", The Wrap learns. The film has long been developed by director Shane Black ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"). Black and Anthony Bagarozzi write the script, while Joel Silver serves as a producer.
The film will follow "Jackson Healy (muscle-for-hire, recovering alcoholic) and Holland March (private eye, practicing alcoholic), who are brought together by the suicide of a fading porn star. However, the dead girl's aunt is convinced she saw her niece alive and well after the highly publicized incident. March needs money, takes the case, and within days, it's blossomed into a far-reaching murder conspiracy, bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
In an interview with Collider years ago, Silver compared the film to Black's 2005 crime-comedy movie that starred Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. He called it a "kind of the next version of what 'Kiss Kiss [Bang Bang]' was; a more advanced version."
"We love Shane very much and 'Kiss Kiss' didn't really do what we wanted it to do but it did help in that it's the movie that Jon Favreau said was the movie that convinced him that Robert could in fact do 'Iron Man' so it had a great effect on all our lives. But I love Shane and I promise it will happen soon."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival