Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe in Talks for Shane Black's 'The Nice Guys'
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are in negotiations to star in an upcoming noir movie "The Nice Guys", The Wrap learns. The film has long been developed by director Shane Black ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"). Black and Anthony Bagarozzi write the script, while Joel Silver serves as a producer.
The film will follow "Jackson Healy (muscle-for-hire, recovering alcoholic) and Holland March (private eye, practicing alcoholic), who are brought together by the suicide of a fading porn star. However, the dead girl's aunt is convinced she saw her niece alive and well after the highly publicized incident. March needs money, takes the case, and within days, it's blossomed into a far-reaching murder conspiracy, bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
In an interview with Collider years ago, Silver compared the film to Black's 2005 crime-comedy movie that starred Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. He called it a "kind of the next version of what 'Kiss Kiss [Bang Bang]' was; a more advanced version."
"We love Shane very much and 'Kiss Kiss' didn't really do what we wanted it to do but it did help in that it's the movie that Jon Favreau said was the movie that convinced him that Robert could in fact do 'Iron Man' so it had a great effect on all our lives. But I love Shane and I promise it will happen soon."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked