Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe in Talks for Shane Black's 'The Nice Guys'
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are in negotiations to star in an upcoming noir movie "The Nice Guys", The Wrap learns. The film has long been developed by director Shane Black ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"). Black and Anthony Bagarozzi write the script, while Joel Silver serves as a producer.
The film will follow "Jackson Healy (muscle-for-hire, recovering alcoholic) and Holland March (private eye, practicing alcoholic), who are brought together by the suicide of a fading porn star. However, the dead girl's aunt is convinced she saw her niece alive and well after the highly publicized incident. March needs money, takes the case, and within days, it's blossomed into a far-reaching murder conspiracy, bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
In an interview with Collider years ago, Silver compared the film to Black's 2005 crime-comedy movie that starred Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. He called it a "kind of the next version of what 'Kiss Kiss [Bang Bang]' was; a more advanced version."
"We love Shane very much and 'Kiss Kiss' didn't really do what we wanted it to do but it did help in that it's the movie that Jon Favreau said was the movie that convinced him that Robert could in fact do 'Iron Man' so it had a great effect on all our lives. But I love Shane and I promise it will happen soon."
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says