Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe in Talks for Shane Black's 'The Nice Guys'
Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe are in negotiations to star in an upcoming noir movie "The Nice Guys", The Wrap learns. The film has long been developed by director Shane Black ("Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang"). Black and Anthony Bagarozzi write the script, while Joel Silver serves as a producer.
The film will follow "Jackson Healy (muscle-for-hire, recovering alcoholic) and Holland March (private eye, practicing alcoholic), who are brought together by the suicide of a fading porn star. However, the dead girl's aunt is convinced she saw her niece alive and well after the highly publicized incident. March needs money, takes the case, and within days, it's blossomed into a far-reaching murder conspiracy, bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry."
In an interview with Collider years ago, Silver compared the film to Black's 2005 crime-comedy movie that starred Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. He called it a "kind of the next version of what 'Kiss Kiss [Bang Bang]' was; a more advanced version."
"We love Shane very much and 'Kiss Kiss' didn't really do what we wanted it to do but it did help in that it's the movie that Jon Favreau said was the movie that convinced him that Robert could in fact do 'Iron Man' so it had a great effect on all our lives. But I love Shane and I promise it will happen soon."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'