Report: 'Amazing Spider-Man 3' Pushed Back to 2017
Rumor has it, Sony changes its initial plan to release "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" on June 10, 2016. According to a scoop from Ain't It Cool News, the third installment of Marc Webb's Spidey film franchise starring Andrew Garfield has been delayed until 2017.
To fill the gap after "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" which arrived this summer, Sony may release either "The Sinister Six" or "Venom (2017)" first. Drew Goddard ("The Cabin in the Woods") will write and direct the former, while Alex Kurtzman will helm and collaborate with Roberto Orci and Ed Solomon to pen the script for the latter.
Sony's co-chairman Amy Pascal previously explained the reason behind the studio's decision to give depth to side characters in Spidey's world. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," so she said.
Which villainous character will appear in the next Spidey movie hasn't been announced, but Paul Giamatti who played The Rhino in the second film already confirmed he had signed a multi-picture deal. Meanwhile, Webb once said, "I like the idea of Kraven. The Vulture. Ock. I always thought the idea of Mysterio was interesting. Maybe Scorpion. But really, Kraven I think is kind of interesting."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!