Report: 'Amazing Spider-Man 3' Pushed Back to 2017
Rumor has it, Sony changes its initial plan to release "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" on June 10, 2016. According to a scoop from Ain't It Cool News, the third installment of Marc Webb's Spidey film franchise starring Andrew Garfield has been delayed until 2017.
To fill the gap after "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" which arrived this summer, Sony may release either "The Sinister Six" or "Venom (2017)" first. Drew Goddard ("The Cabin in the Woods") will write and direct the former, while Alex Kurtzman will helm and collaborate with Roberto Orci and Ed Solomon to pen the script for the latter.
Sony's co-chairman Amy Pascal previously explained the reason behind the studio's decision to give depth to side characters in Spidey's world. "We are expanding the 'Spider-Man' universe into 'The Sinister Six' and 'Venom' so that we have 'Spider-Man' movies every year," so she said.
Which villainous character will appear in the next Spidey movie hasn't been announced, but Paul Giamatti who played The Rhino in the second film already confirmed he had signed a multi-picture deal. Meanwhile, Webb once said, "I like the idea of Kraven. The Vulture. Ock. I always thought the idea of Mysterio was interesting. Maybe Scorpion. But really, Kraven I think is kind of interesting."
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash