First look at Lisa Kudrow's 'The Comeback' Revival
After officially announced last month, the first sneak-peek at "The Comeback" revival has made its way out online. Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on a picture of Lisa Kudrow reprising her role as Valerie Cherish.
Dishing on the plot details, co-creator Michael Patrick King reveals Valerie's state after her effort in making a career comeback which was highlighted in the original run. "Valerie does get in the spotlight, which is what she always reached for, but we found a unique way of telling the story about what can happen when you get something you want," he says.
After nine years off the air, Valerie has changed a lot. King explains, "Nine years in every person's life changes or deepens or sharpens them, so to see Valerie nine years later, she would have had some shift in her. The odd thing is, we're even in Valerie's house - the exact location was available - so it-s almost as if everything fell right back in place. But I fully believe the nine years has added something."
Teasing that Valeries will face a greater test, King adds that the fictional actress has several ups and downs despite having reached her goal. "I'm cagey enough to know that Valerie has to win, and lose, and win, and win, and lose," he shares. "There's an evolution here, so that it will be a vibrant ride and there will be many losses. But I do love her so much; I wouldn't trot her out again just to make people sad."
Of Malin Akerman and Kellan Lutz who will reprise their roles as actors Juna and Chris, he says, "What we're doing with Malin and Kellan is following their actual trajectories. When we did 'The Comeback', they were brand new unknowns, two puppies. And since that time, they've both become movie stars."
King hints that the story arc for Lutz's character will resemble the actor's real life, gushing, "It's fun to do a meta reflection every now and then: Kellan Lutz as Kellan Lutz as Chris as action hero. Also, the idea that Valerie still has a relationship with Juna is so lovely to us, because we always thought that was a genuine friendship."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars