Kelly Rowland Debuts Music Video for World Cup Song 'The Game'
The FIFA World Cup was kicked off on Thursday, June 12. To celebrate it, Kelly Rowland released the music video of "The Game", a song which she recorded for Pepsi's soccer-themed visual album "Beats of the Beautiful Game".
Shot in Brazil by filmmaker Spike Lee, the inspiring video centers on a little boy who gets a soccer ball as a present from her mother. As he plays with the ball, he meets a group of kids and some samba drummers. He eventually finds his way to a football stadium.
"I was immediately attracted to 'The Game' because I can identify with its theme of overcoming challenges and finding your voice," Rowland has said of recording the song for Pepsi. "It's a very important message and I'm honored to partner with Pepsi on a project that brings the worlds of music, sports, and film together. As an artist - and a huge film and sports fan - it's been an incredible experience."
Pepsi's "Beats of the Beautiful" compilation album, available everywhere now, also features contributions from Janelle Monae, Timbaland, Rita Ora and Idris Elba among others.
Kelly Rowland's "The Game" music video
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4