Kelly Rowland Debuts Music Video for World Cup Song 'The Game'
The FIFA World Cup was kicked off on Thursday, June 12. To celebrate it, Kelly Rowland released the music video of "The Game", a song which she recorded for Pepsi's soccer-themed visual album "Beats of the Beautiful Game".
Shot in Brazil by filmmaker Spike Lee, the inspiring video centers on a little boy who gets a soccer ball as a present from her mother. As he plays with the ball, he meets a group of kids and some samba drummers. He eventually finds his way to a football stadium.
"I was immediately attracted to 'The Game' because I can identify with its theme of overcoming challenges and finding your voice," Rowland has said of recording the song for Pepsi. "It's a very important message and I'm honored to partner with Pepsi on a project that brings the worlds of music, sports, and film together. As an artist - and a huge film and sports fan - it's been an incredible experience."
Pepsi's "Beats of the Beautiful" compilation album, available everywhere now, also features contributions from Janelle Monae, Timbaland, Rita Ora and Idris Elba among others.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones