Kelly Rowland Debuts Music Video for World Cup Song 'The Game'
The FIFA World Cup was kicked off on Thursday, June 12. To celebrate it, Kelly Rowland released the music video of "The Game", a song which she recorded for Pepsi's soccer-themed visual album "Beats of the Beautiful Game".
Shot in Brazil by filmmaker Spike Lee, the inspiring video centers on a little boy who gets a soccer ball as a present from her mother. As he plays with the ball, he meets a group of kids and some samba drummers. He eventually finds his way to a football stadium.
"I was immediately attracted to 'The Game' because I can identify with its theme of overcoming challenges and finding your voice," Rowland has said of recording the song for Pepsi. "It's a very important message and I'm honored to partner with Pepsi on a project that brings the worlds of music, sports, and film together. As an artist - and a huge film and sports fan - it's been an incredible experience."
Pepsi's "Beats of the Beautiful" compilation album, available everywhere now, also features contributions from Janelle Monae, Timbaland, Rita Ora and Idris Elba among others.
More Kelly Rowland News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri