Kelly Rowland Debuts Music Video for World Cup Song 'The Game'
The FIFA World Cup was kicked off on Thursday, June 12. To celebrate it, Kelly Rowland released the music video of "The Game", a song which she recorded for Pepsi's soccer-themed visual album "Beats of the Beautiful Game".
Shot in Brazil by filmmaker Spike Lee, the inspiring video centers on a little boy who gets a soccer ball as a present from her mother. As he plays with the ball, he meets a group of kids and some samba drummers. He eventually finds his way to a football stadium.
"I was immediately attracted to 'The Game' because I can identify with its theme of overcoming challenges and finding your voice," Rowland has said of recording the song for Pepsi. "It's a very important message and I'm honored to partner with Pepsi on a project that brings the worlds of music, sports, and film together. As an artist - and a huge film and sports fan - it's been an incredible experience."
Pepsi's "Beats of the Beautiful" compilation album, available everywhere now, also features contributions from Janelle Monae, Timbaland, Rita Ora and Idris Elba among others.
Kelly Rowland's "The Game" music video
More Kelly Rowland News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'