Kelly Rowland Debuts Music Video for World Cup Song 'The Game'
The FIFA World Cup was kicked off on Thursday, June 12. To celebrate it, Kelly Rowland released the music video of "The Game", a song which she recorded for Pepsi's soccer-themed visual album "Beats of the Beautiful Game".
Shot in Brazil by filmmaker Spike Lee, the inspiring video centers on a little boy who gets a soccer ball as a present from her mother. As he plays with the ball, he meets a group of kids and some samba drummers. He eventually finds his way to a football stadium.
"I was immediately attracted to 'The Game' because I can identify with its theme of overcoming challenges and finding your voice," Rowland has said of recording the song for Pepsi. "It's a very important message and I'm honored to partner with Pepsi on a project that brings the worlds of music, sports, and film together. As an artist - and a huge film and sports fan - it's been an incredible experience."
Pepsi's "Beats of the Beautiful" compilation album, available everywhere now, also features contributions from Janelle Monae, Timbaland, Rita Ora and Idris Elba among others.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'