Guillermo del Toro Drops Out of Warner Bros.' 'Beauty and the Beast'
Guillermo del Toro is no longer attached to the live-action adaptation of "Beauty and the Beast (2017)" for Warner Bros. The director leaves the directing seat, but is still involved in the production as a scriptwriter and producer with Denise DiNovi.
According to Deadline, del Toro departs the project due to scheduling conflicts. He is currently directing haunted house pic "Crimson Peak", and working on a script for an untitled Pacific Rim sequel along with "The Incredible Hulk" scribe Zak Penn.
Emma Watson has long been tapped to play the lead role in "Beauty and the Beast". It seems that WB is pushing the long-delayed project after Disney announced a similar film based on the popular fairytale. Bill Condon will helm it for the Mouse House.
The two companies are also racing to bring the classic Mowgli story "The Jungle Book" to the big screen. Andy Serkis is confirmed to sit behind the lens for WB, while Jon Favreau is tapped to direct the Disney adaptation.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo