Guillermo del Toro Drops Out of Warner Bros.' 'Beauty and the Beast'
Guillermo del Toro is no longer attached to the live-action adaptation of "Beauty and the Beast (2017)" for Warner Bros. The director leaves the directing seat, but is still involved in the production as a scriptwriter and producer with Denise DiNovi.
According to Deadline, del Toro departs the project due to scheduling conflicts. He is currently directing haunted house pic "Crimson Peak", and working on a script for an untitled Pacific Rim sequel along with "The Incredible Hulk" scribe Zak Penn.
Emma Watson has long been tapped to play the lead role in "Beauty and the Beast". It seems that WB is pushing the long-delayed project after Disney announced a similar film based on the popular fairytale. Bill Condon will helm it for the Mouse House.
The two companies are also racing to bring the classic Mowgli story "The Jungle Book" to the big screen. Andy Serkis is confirmed to sit behind the lens for WB, while Jon Favreau is tapped to direct the Disney adaptation.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms