Justin Bieber Won't Face Felony Robbery Charge in Alleged Phone-Grabbing Incident
Justin Bieber has avoided felony charge following an alleged phone-snatching incident in mid-May. The Los Angeles County district attorney has decided that the case "does not warrant felony prosecution." According to the evaluation worksheet, the case now is referred to the Los Angeles city attorney and the office later will decide whether a misdemeanor charge will be filed against Bieber.
Back in May, a woman accused the Canadian pop star of attempted robbery following an alleged phone tussle at the batting cages in the Sherman Oaks Castle Park on a May 12. At that time, the 20-year-old star's bodyguard allegedly told her not to take pictures and she put her phone in her purse. She told police that Bieber "then approached and accused her of videotaping him."
"He demanded to see her phone, then reached into her purse and pulled the phone out," read the police document. Bieber and the woman allegedly "tussled over it for a moment" before she told him that she did not record anything.
Nine employees who were interviewed for the case did not report any altercation. The area, meanwhile, was not covered in security camera.
Shortly after the accusation made headlines, Bieber responded to the reports on Twitter. "It is hard to defend myself and my privacy every moment of the day. Then to see rumors. The truth will set u free," he wrote. "My mom raised me to be kind to others. I get judged, harassed, and I try to take the high road. Sometimes it isn't easy. But we keep trying." He also told fans not to believe rumors and thanked everyone for their support.
More Justin Bieber News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce