Justin Bieber Won't Face Felony Robbery Charge in Alleged Phone-Grabbing Incident
Justin Bieber has avoided felony charge following an alleged phone-snatching incident in mid-May. The Los Angeles County district attorney has decided that the case "does not warrant felony prosecution." According to the evaluation worksheet, the case now is referred to the Los Angeles city attorney and the office later will decide whether a misdemeanor charge will be filed against Bieber.
Back in May, a woman accused the Canadian pop star of attempted robbery following an alleged phone tussle at the batting cages in the Sherman Oaks Castle Park on a May 12. At that time, the 20-year-old star's bodyguard allegedly told her not to take pictures and she put her phone in her purse. She told police that Bieber "then approached and accused her of videotaping him."
"He demanded to see her phone, then reached into her purse and pulled the phone out," read the police document. Bieber and the woman allegedly "tussled over it for a moment" before she told him that she did not record anything.
Nine employees who were interviewed for the case did not report any altercation. The area, meanwhile, was not covered in security camera.
Shortly after the accusation made headlines, Bieber responded to the reports on Twitter. "It is hard to defend myself and my privacy every moment of the day. Then to see rumors. The truth will set u free," he wrote. "My mom raised me to be kind to others. I get judged, harassed, and I try to take the high road. Sometimes it isn't easy. But we keep trying." He also told fans not to believe rumors and thanked everyone for their support.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance