Rep: Tracy Morgan Continues to Show Signs of Improvement After Car Crash
A representative for Tracy Morgan has given new update on the actor's condition after he was critically injured in a fatal car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike on Saturday, June 7. "Today was a better day," his publicist Lewis Kay said in a statement to media on Thursday. "While Tracy remains in critical, but stable, condition, he continues to show signs of improvement. His medical team remains optimistic that his recovery is progressing."
The "30 Rock" star and two other passengers, Jeffrey Millea and Ardie Fuqua Jr., are currently in critical condition at hospital after their car was rear-ended by a truck. Morgan's friend, comedian James McNair, passed away in the accident while another passenger Harris Stanton suffered from minor injuries and was released on Saturday.
Hundreds of people paid respect to McNair at a memorial service which took place at the Paramount Theater in Peekskill, N.Y. on Thursday. McNair, who is also known as Uncle Jimmy Mack, is remembered as a loving person who gave back to his community.
The comedian's friends made a spontaneous donation for Danita's prom dress and gave her an envelope filled with $500 on stage after learning that she needed one. "Her and my father were working on that together," Danita's brother Jamel McNair told New York Daily News. "Positivity and unity is what my dad would want everyone to take away from this," he added. "Love everyone. Say hello to everyone. My dad made sure he said hello to everyone he saw."
In other news, Louis C.K. and Judd Apatow have taken to social media after TMZ posted a video taken shortly after the fatal accident, asking the site to remove the clip. "Take it down TMZ. Now. Please," the "Louie" star tweeted. He also told fans, "Please don't go to TMZ to watch the video. Please ask them to take it down." Apatow additionally wrote to TMZ head Harvey Levin, saying, "Please take down the accident video."
Fuqua's daughter Krizya recently took to Instagram to ask the site to remove the clip and respect the family's privacy. "They don't understand how hurtful it is to see my father be dragged out of the wreckage. Along with all the false information on his condition. I understand people want to know and people want to be updated, but enough is enough. This is hurting my heart so bad that this video is posted for all to see," she wrote.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!