First Look at Tom Hiddleston as Hank Williams in Biopic 'I Saw the Light'
British star Tom Hiddleston is set to show off his country twang in new movie "I Saw the Light". The Loki depicter in Marvel Cinematic Universe is officially tapped to play the late country music crooner, Hank Williams, in the upcoming biopic.
The 33-year-old actor follows the casting announcement with a picture that gives a first look at himself playing the Alabama singer. Posted on Twitter, it shows him standing alone in a spacious room. He wears a suit and a cowboy hat with a guitar in one hand.
Hiddleston is confirmed to do his own singing in the movie. He is expected to cover the country music icon's classic songs such as "Your Cheatin' Heart", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry", and "Hey Good Lookin' ".
The film depicts the story of the legendary country western singer Williams, who in his brief life created one of the greatest bodies of work in American music. It chronicles his meteoric rise to fame and its ultimately tragic effect on his health and personal life.
Marc Abraham will direct the film and write the screenplay based on a biography written by Colin Escott. Production is scheduled to begin in Louisiana in October.
I Saw The Light. pic.twitter.com/LBSiP5tBVb— Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston) June 13, 2014
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development