First Look at Tom Hiddleston as Hank Williams in Biopic 'I Saw the Light'
British star Tom Hiddleston is set to show off his country twang in new movie "I Saw the Light". The Loki depicter in Marvel Cinematic Universe is officially tapped to play the late country music crooner, Hank Williams, in the upcoming biopic.
The 33-year-old actor follows the casting announcement with a picture that gives a first look at himself playing the Alabama singer. Posted on Twitter, it shows him standing alone in a spacious room. He wears a suit and a cowboy hat with a guitar in one hand.
Hiddleston is confirmed to do his own singing in the movie. He is expected to cover the country music icon's classic songs such as "Your Cheatin' Heart", "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry", and "Hey Good Lookin' ".
The film depicts the story of the legendary country western singer Williams, who in his brief life created one of the greatest bodies of work in American music. It chronicles his meteoric rise to fame and its ultimately tragic effect on his health and personal life.
Marc Abraham will direct the film and write the screenplay based on a biography written by Colin Escott. Production is scheduled to begin in Louisiana in October.
I Saw The Light. pic.twitter.com/LBSiP5tBVb— Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston) June 13, 2014
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'