'Birdman' Shows Off Star-Studded Cast in First Teaser Trailer
"Birdman" releases its first teaser trailer, showcasing the star-studded cast including Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, and Zach Galifianakis. One of the most anticipated films of the year, the drama comedy is directed by "21 Grams" helmer Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
The movie centers on Keaton's character Riggan Thomson who is a former actor, once playing an iconic superhero. He mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim past glory as he juggles family, career and his sanity.
The teaser opens with Keaton as the washed-out actor walking in the backstage of a Broadway play with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" playing behind. "How did you end up here, in this dump. You're a movie star, remember?" Thomson says in his mind before he goes on stage.
In real life, Keaton played Batman in 1989's "Batman" and 1992's "Batman Returns". The teaser gave a glimpse of Thomson throwing a Batman-like poster against the wall in frustration. There's also a scene of Norton, who played Hulk in real life, mocking Thomson and wrestling him to the floor.
"Birdman" will open in theaters October 17.
More Birdman News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory