'Birdman' Shows Off Star-Studded Cast in First Teaser Trailer
"Birdman" releases its first teaser trailer, showcasing the star-studded cast including Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, and Zach Galifianakis. One of the most anticipated films of the year, the drama comedy is directed by "21 Grams" helmer Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
The movie centers on Keaton's character Riggan Thomson who is a former actor, once playing an iconic superhero. He mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim past glory as he juggles family, career and his sanity.
The teaser opens with Keaton as the washed-out actor walking in the backstage of a Broadway play with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" playing behind. "How did you end up here, in this dump. You're a movie star, remember?" Thomson says in his mind before he goes on stage.
In real life, Keaton played Batman in 1989's "Batman" and 1992's "Batman Returns". The teaser gave a glimpse of Thomson throwing a Batman-like poster against the wall in frustration. There's also a scene of Norton, who played Hulk in real life, mocking Thomson and wrestling him to the floor.
"Birdman" will open in theaters October 17.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered