'Birdman' Shows Off Star-Studded Cast in First Teaser Trailer
"Birdman" releases its first teaser trailer, showcasing the star-studded cast including Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, and Zach Galifianakis. One of the most anticipated films of the year, the drama comedy is directed by "21 Grams" helmer Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
The movie centers on Keaton's character Riggan Thomson who is a former actor, once playing an iconic superhero. He mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim past glory as he juggles family, career and his sanity.
The teaser opens with Keaton as the washed-out actor walking in the backstage of a Broadway play with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" playing behind. "How did you end up here, in this dump. You're a movie star, remember?" Thomson says in his mind before he goes on stage.
In real life, Keaton played Batman in 1989's "Batman" and 1992's "Batman Returns". The teaser gave a glimpse of Thomson throwing a Batman-like poster against the wall in frustration. There's also a scene of Norton, who played Hulk in real life, mocking Thomson and wrestling him to the floor.
"Birdman" will open in theaters October 17.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4