'Birdman' Shows Off Star-Studded Cast in First Teaser Trailer
"Birdman" releases its first teaser trailer, showcasing the star-studded cast including Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, and Zach Galifianakis. One of the most anticipated films of the year, the drama comedy is directed by "21 Grams" helmer Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
The movie centers on Keaton's character Riggan Thomson who is a former actor, once playing an iconic superhero. He mounts a Broadway play in a bid to reclaim past glory as he juggles family, career and his sanity.
The teaser opens with Keaton as the washed-out actor walking in the backstage of a Broadway play with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" playing behind. "How did you end up here, in this dump. You're a movie star, remember?" Thomson says in his mind before he goes on stage.
In real life, Keaton played Batman in 1989's "Batman" and 1992's "Batman Returns". The teaser gave a glimpse of Thomson throwing a Batman-like poster against the wall in frustration. There's also a scene of Norton, who played Hulk in real life, mocking Thomson and wrestling him to the floor.
"Birdman" will open in theaters October 17.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie