Neil Patrick Harris Replaced by Andrew Rannells on Extended 'Hedwig' Gig
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is extended on Broadway but Neil Patrick Harris won't be available for the long engagement. The Tony-winning actor will be replaced by Andrew Rannells who became a rising star after his stint on Broadway's "The Book of Mormon".
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is fresh from taking home four trophies at the 2014 Tony Awards on June 8. The first Broadway production won Best Revival of a Musical while Harris nabbed the Best Actor in a Musical. Harris also performed his character, girlyboy who loves philosophy and rock music, at the ceremony.
The production opened in March this year and originally planned to end its limited engagement on August 17, on the day Harris officially signs off. However, the Tony victories prompted it to remain open for a couple more months.
Rannells will begin his gig on August 20 and appear on the show through October 12. The actor, who appeared on TV series "Girls" and "The New Normal", had an experience in playing the transgender rocker. He portrayed Hedwig in a 2001 production in Austin, Texas.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle