Neil Patrick Harris Replaced by Andrew Rannells on Extended 'Hedwig' Gig
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is extended on Broadway but Neil Patrick Harris won't be available for the long engagement. The Tony-winning actor will be replaced by Andrew Rannells who became a rising star after his stint on Broadway's "The Book of Mormon".
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is fresh from taking home four trophies at the 2014 Tony Awards on June 8. The first Broadway production won Best Revival of a Musical while Harris nabbed the Best Actor in a Musical. Harris also performed his character, girlyboy who loves philosophy and rock music, at the ceremony.
The production opened in March this year and originally planned to end its limited engagement on August 17, on the day Harris officially signs off. However, the Tony victories prompted it to remain open for a couple more months.
Rannells will begin his gig on August 20 and appear on the show through October 12. The actor, who appeared on TV series "Girls" and "The New Normal", had an experience in playing the transgender rocker. He portrayed Hedwig in a 2001 production in Austin, Texas.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party