Neil Patrick Harris Replaced by Andrew Rannells on Extended 'Hedwig' Gig
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is extended on Broadway but Neil Patrick Harris won't be available for the long engagement. The Tony-winning actor will be replaced by Andrew Rannells who became a rising star after his stint on Broadway's "The Book of Mormon".
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is fresh from taking home four trophies at the 2014 Tony Awards on June 8. The first Broadway production won Best Revival of a Musical while Harris nabbed the Best Actor in a Musical. Harris also performed his character, girlyboy who loves philosophy and rock music, at the ceremony.
The production opened in March this year and originally planned to end its limited engagement on August 17, on the day Harris officially signs off. However, the Tony victories prompted it to remain open for a couple more months.
Rannells will begin his gig on August 20 and appear on the show through October 12. The actor, who appeared on TV series "Girls" and "The New Normal", had an experience in playing the transgender rocker. He portrayed Hedwig in a 2001 production in Austin, Texas.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'