'Wonder Woman', 'Shazam' and More Stand-Alone Movies to Be Announced
Warner Bros and DC Comics are ready to make a big announcement about a slew of superhero movies at this year's San Diego Comic Con. Stand-alone movies for "Wonder Woman" and "Shazam!" are among those in plan to rival Marvel Studios' offerings.
Hollywood reporter Nikki Finke kicked off her new website by revealing the schedule the studios plan to release the movies. "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice", which is currently filming with Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill on board as the titular characters, will be released in May 2016. It is followed by a "Shazam!" movie in July and "Sandman" in December the same year.
The expected "Justice League" movie is scheduled for May 2017, followed by "Wonder Woman" two months later. A stand-alone "Wonder Woman" movie is also inevitable as she gets introduction in "Batman v Superman".
A joint Flash and Green Lantern film will hit theaters in 2017 as well under the title "The Flash and Green Lantern Adventure". Last one in the schedule is a "Man of Steel" sequel, which comes May 2018.
Finke reported that cameos from other superheros will be made for the importance of future films. Among those making cameos are Cyborg, Aquaman and The Flash.
- May 2016 - "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"
- July 2016 - "Shazam!"
- December 2016 - "Sandman"
- May 2017 - "Justice League"
- July 2017 - "Wonder Woman"
- December 2017 - "The Flash and Green Lantern Adventure"
- May 2018 - "Man of Steel 2"
More Wonder Woman News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'