Video: Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull Perform at 2014 World Cup Opening Ceremony
FIFA World Cup was officially kicked off Thursday, June 12 at the Corinthians Arena in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Among the highlights was the live performance by International stars Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull along with Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte.
They showed up on the stage from the inside of a giant colorful ball in the middle of the field. J.Lo rocked a green bedazzled leotard, Pitbull opted for a yellow "Brasil" t-shirt and white capris, while Claudia went with a blue glittery leotard.
The trio pumped up the crowd with their official World Cup song, "We Are One". They sang, "Put your flags up in the sky (put them in the sky)/ And wave them side to side (side to side)/ Show the world where you're from (show them where you're from)."
Children dressed as soccer robots mingled with adults wearing "spaceball" costumes and drummers in shiny vibrant outfits. There were also people dressing up as a tree. The first match was between hosts Brazil and Croatia. It's 3-1 for the former.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event