Video: Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull Perform at 2014 World Cup Opening Ceremony
FIFA World Cup was officially kicked off Thursday, June 12 at the Corinthians Arena in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Among the highlights was the live performance by International stars Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull along with Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte.
They showed up on the stage from the inside of a giant colorful ball in the middle of the field. J.Lo rocked a green bedazzled leotard, Pitbull opted for a yellow "Brasil" t-shirt and white capris, while Claudia went with a blue glittery leotard.
The trio pumped up the crowd with their official World Cup song, "We Are One". They sang, "Put your flags up in the sky (put them in the sky)/ And wave them side to side (side to side)/ Show the world where you're from (show them where you're from)."
Children dressed as soccer robots mingled with adults wearing "spaceball" costumes and drummers in shiny vibrant outfits. There were also people dressing up as a tree. The first match was between hosts Brazil and Croatia. It's 3-1 for the former.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group