Video: Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull Perform at 2014 World Cup Opening Ceremony
FIFA World Cup was officially kicked off Thursday, June 12 at the Corinthians Arena in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Among the highlights was the live performance by International stars Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull along with Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte.
They showed up on the stage from the inside of a giant colorful ball in the middle of the field. J.Lo rocked a green bedazzled leotard, Pitbull opted for a yellow "Brasil" t-shirt and white capris, while Claudia went with a blue glittery leotard.
The trio pumped up the crowd with their official World Cup song, "We Are One". They sang, "Put your flags up in the sky (put them in the sky)/ And wave them side to side (side to side)/ Show the world where you're from (show them where you're from)."
Children dressed as soccer robots mingled with adults wearing "spaceball" costumes and drummers in shiny vibrant outfits. There were also people dressing up as a tree. The first match was between hosts Brazil and Croatia. It's 3-1 for the former.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed