James Brolin to Play Father to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in 'The Nest'
James Brolin is added to female-driven comedy "The Nest" which will be directed by Jason Moore ("Pitch Perfect"). The 73-year-old actor is tapped play the on-screen father to the lead characters portrayed by funny duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
The movie will revolve around a pair of 30-something sisters who are devastated to learn that their parents have put their childhood home up for sale. Before the house is sold, the siblings decide to spend one last wild weekend where they grew up together.
The script is penned by "Saturday Night Live" writer Paula Pell. Ike Barinholtz ("The Mindy Project", "Eastbound & Down) are among the cast members. The movie gets a Christmas release on December 18, 2015.
73-year-old Brolin, who is the father of actor Josh Brolin and husband of singer/actress Barbra Streisand, has just finished Chilean miner drama "The 33" with Juliette Binoche, Gabriel Byrne, and Antonio Banderas. He will next star in "Elsa & Fred" alongside Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby