James Brolin to Play Father to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in 'The Nest'
James Brolin is added to female-driven comedy "The Nest" which will be directed by Jason Moore ("Pitch Perfect"). The 73-year-old actor is tapped play the on-screen father to the lead characters portrayed by funny duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
The movie will revolve around a pair of 30-something sisters who are devastated to learn that their parents have put their childhood home up for sale. Before the house is sold, the siblings decide to spend one last wild weekend where they grew up together.
The script is penned by "Saturday Night Live" writer Paula Pell. Ike Barinholtz ("The Mindy Project", "Eastbound & Down) are among the cast members. The movie gets a Christmas release on December 18, 2015.
73-year-old Brolin, who is the father of actor Josh Brolin and husband of singer/actress Barbra Streisand, has just finished Chilean miner drama "The 33" with Juliette Binoche, Gabriel Byrne, and Antonio Banderas. He will next star in "Elsa & Fred" alongside Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen