James Brolin to Play Father to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in 'The Nest'
James Brolin is added to female-driven comedy "The Nest" which will be directed by Jason Moore ("Pitch Perfect"). The 73-year-old actor is tapped play the on-screen father to the lead characters portrayed by funny duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
The movie will revolve around a pair of 30-something sisters who are devastated to learn that their parents have put their childhood home up for sale. Before the house is sold, the siblings decide to spend one last wild weekend where they grew up together.
The script is penned by "Saturday Night Live" writer Paula Pell. Ike Barinholtz ("The Mindy Project", "Eastbound & Down) are among the cast members. The movie gets a Christmas release on December 18, 2015.
73-year-old Brolin, who is the father of actor Josh Brolin and husband of singer/actress Barbra Streisand, has just finished Chilean miner drama "The 33" with Juliette Binoche, Gabriel Byrne, and Antonio Banderas. He will next star in "Elsa & Fred" alongside Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'