James Brolin to Play Father to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in 'The Nest'
James Brolin is added to female-driven comedy "The Nest" which will be directed by Jason Moore ("Pitch Perfect"). The 73-year-old actor is tapped play the on-screen father to the lead characters portrayed by funny duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
The movie will revolve around a pair of 30-something sisters who are devastated to learn that their parents have put their childhood home up for sale. Before the house is sold, the siblings decide to spend one last wild weekend where they grew up together.
The script is penned by "Saturday Night Live" writer Paula Pell. Ike Barinholtz ("The Mindy Project", "Eastbound & Down) are among the cast members. The movie gets a Christmas release on December 18, 2015.
73-year-old Brolin, who is the father of actor Josh Brolin and husband of singer/actress Barbra Streisand, has just finished Chilean miner drama "The 33" with Juliette Binoche, Gabriel Byrne, and Antonio Banderas. He will next star in "Elsa & Fred" alongside Shirley MacLaine and Christopher Plummer.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen