Grumpy Cat Gets Her Own Holiday Movie on Lifetime
The Grumpy Cat is the new Christmas grinch. The Internet-famous feline is going to star in Lifetime's upcoming holiday movie titled "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" which centers on the titular cat.
Scripted by Tim Hill ("SpongeBob SquarePants") and Jeff Morris, it will tell the story of a pet-store cat that is perpetually overlooked and the 12-year-old girl who can communicate with her. Casting is currently underway for a voice actor who will voice the Grumpy Cat.
"It brings fun and irreverence that we haven't had at Lifetime," VP of original movies at Lifetime Arturo Interian says of the TV movie. "We're so known for our heartfelt sentimentality that it will poke fun at those stereotypes." He describes the project as "a little 'Home Alone' and a little 'Die Hard'," adding that it will feature cameos from other famous Internet memes.
Shooting will take place later this summer and the movie is expected to premiere this Christmas season.
The Grumpy Cat, whose real name is Tardar Sauce, became an Internet meme in 2012 after her owner Tabatha Bundesen's brother posted a photo on Reddit. She has spawned a book and a coffee product, and made appearances on "American Idol" and the MTV Movie Awards.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie