Truck Driver in Tracy Morgan Accident Pleads Not Guilty
Kevin Roper, a truck driver who caused a fatal car crash that killed a man and injured Tracy Morgan and his friends, appeared in Middlesex County Superior Court in New Brunswick, New Jersey, on Wednesday, June 11. After prosecutors read his charges, his attorney David Glassman said his client pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and assault by auto against four individuals.
"We enter a not guilty plea across the board obviously - the fatality and the remaining counts of assault by auto," the attorney told the court. Meanwhile, Roper who wore a white button down shirt and dark pants to the court did not say much during the four-minute court proceeding and quickly left the courtroom and courthouse without comment after the arraignment.
He remains free on $50,000 bail. Judge Bradley Ferencz said, "The bail will be continued as set," adding that Glassman had to make sure his client would always be reachable and show up for future court appearances. Ferencz also told Roper to always keep in contact with his attorney if he travels and always tell his attorney where he is.
Morgan suffered broken leg bones, a broken nose and several broken ribs in the crash that happened on Saturday, June 7. His publicist Lewis Kay said on Tuesday evening that the "30 Rock" star remained in critical but stable condition.
James McNair, Morgan's mentor who was also a passenger in the limo bus, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. Two other passengers, Jeffrey Millea and Ardie Fuqua Jr., remain in critical condition at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, while comic Harris Stanton has been released from hospital after receiving treatment. The driver Tyrone Gale and the other passenger were luckily unharmed in the accident.
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'
- Hilary Swank Boards FX's 'Trust'
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians