Miranda Lambert Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Platinum'
Miranda Lambert's latest album, "Platinum", has officially landed at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Marking the country superstar's first album to top chart, the LP sells 180,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The album gives Lambert her best sales week yet. It also posts the largest sales week for an album by a female country artist since the week ending of December 30, 2012, when Taylor Swift's "Red" returned to Billboard 200's No. 1 with 241,000 copies.
Trailing behind "Platinum" is the sountrack album of Disney's "Frozen (2013)". Rising two rungs from last-week's No. 4, "Frozen" sells additional 52,000. Brantley Gilbert's "Just as I Am", meanwhile, slips from No. 2 to No. 3 with 48,000.
At. No. 4, 50 Cent's "Animal Ambition" debuts with 47,000. The album, which the rapper released independently following his departure from Insterscope earlier this year, marks his sixth studio effort to land within the top 10. He previously visited the chart in 2009, when his "Before I Self Destruct" started at No. 5 with 160,000.
Coldplay's "Ghost Stories" rounds out the top 5. The album, which has so far ruled the chart for two consecutive weeks, sells 46,000 copies in its third week.
The "Now 50" compilation keeps its position steady at No. 6 with 41,000. Rock band Led Zeppelin returns to Billboard 200 after releasing expanded versions of their first three albums. Their "Led Zeppelin", "Led Zeppelin II" and "Led Zeppelin III" are at No. 7, No. 9 and No. 10 with 37,000, 34,000 and 32,000 respectively.
Following its parent film's premiere in the U.S. last week, the soundtrack of "The Fault in Our Stars" jumps to No. 8 from last week's No. 18 with 36,000. The album debuted at No. 8 three weeks ago with 34,000.
- "Platinum" - Miranda Lambert (180,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (52,000)
- "Just As I Am" - Brantley Gilbert (48,000)
- "Animal Ambition" - 50 Cent (47,000)
- "Ghost Stories" - Coldplay (46,000)
- The "Now 50" Album - Various Artists (41,000)
- "Led Zeppelin" - Led Zeppelin (35,000)
- "The Fault in Our Stars" Soundtrack - Various Artists (36,000)
- "Led Zeppelin II" - Led Zeppelin (34,000)
- "Led Zeppelin III" - Led Zeppelin (32,000)
More Miranda Lambert News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo