'The Magic School Bus' Reboot Coming to Netflix
"The Magic School Bus" is heading to Netflix. The streaming giant has ordered 26 half-hour episodes of the new program called "The Magic School Bus 360°", which is a new version of the beloved science education children's program based on Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen's book series.
"Scholastic Media is a powerhouse creator and producer of top-quality programming for kids and families and its flagship series like 'The Magic School Bus', 'Clifford The Big Red Dog' and 'Goosebumps' have been huge hits on Netflix in all our territories," Ted Sarandos, chief content officer of Netflix, said in a statement.
"We're thrilled to expand our relationships and to be the first-run home of The Magic School Bus 360°, introducing a whole new generation to Ms. Frizzle and her hijinks."
Unlike the original version, the reboot will use computer-generated animation. It will feature a modernized Ms. Frizzle, who will take her class on flying trips on an updated, high-tech bus. The young scientists will also use newer scientific tools, such as robots.
Lily Tomlin voiced the redhead teacher on the original series which debuted in 1994. There's no word on whether or not she will return for the modern version.
"The Magic School Bus 360°", created and produced by Scholastic Media, is expected to arrive in 2016. Last year, Netflix acquired the rights to Scholastic Media's "Clifford the Big Red Dog" and "Goosebumps".
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video