Paula Deen Rebuilds Empire With New Digital Network
Paula Deen continues to rebuild her empire after she saw it crumbling down last year due to racial discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit put up against her. She has now announced "The Paula Deen Network", a subscription-based Internet network which launches in September.
"Guess who's going digital, y'all! I'm so excited about my new online network and can't wait to show everyone what we've been working on," Deen said in a statement. "We're going to have so much fun being together and cooking up some wonderful new and classic dishes. Y'all can get my recipes, tips and cooking anytime you want - this is for you. I can't wait to crank up the oven and get cooking for the people I love: my family, my friends and my fans!"
The network will include exclusive videos featuring Deen and guests cooking in front of an audience from a production studio near her home in Savannah, Ga. "I am working around the clock creating new healthy and quick recipes, shows and content," the chef told USA Today.
The project is part of Phoenix-based Najafi Cos. investment which was announced back in February. She told The Wall Street Journal that she had the option to have the show on TV but later saw the Web as more approachable.
"After much research and talking to our fans, this is what they wanted. They wanted to be able to watch me anytime, anywhere, any place," Deen said. "IPads are so much lighter to tote around than a TV. In a network program, you only have 22 minutes. The fans are going to see things they have never seen before. They are going to see all of me."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign