Paula Deen Rebuilds Empire With New Digital Network
Paula Deen continues to rebuild her empire after she saw it crumbling down last year due to racial discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit put up against her. She has now announced "The Paula Deen Network", a subscription-based Internet network which launches in September.
"Guess who's going digital, y'all! I'm so excited about my new online network and can't wait to show everyone what we've been working on," Deen said in a statement. "We're going to have so much fun being together and cooking up some wonderful new and classic dishes. Y'all can get my recipes, tips and cooking anytime you want - this is for you. I can't wait to crank up the oven and get cooking for the people I love: my family, my friends and my fans!"
The network will include exclusive videos featuring Deen and guests cooking in front of an audience from a production studio near her home in Savannah, Ga. "I am working around the clock creating new healthy and quick recipes, shows and content," the chef told USA Today.
The project is part of Phoenix-based Najafi Cos. investment which was announced back in February. She told The Wall Street Journal that she had the option to have the show on TV but later saw the Web as more approachable.
"After much research and talking to our fans, this is what they wanted. They wanted to be able to watch me anytime, anywhere, any place," Deen said. "IPads are so much lighter to tote around than a TV. In a network program, you only have 22 minutes. The fans are going to see things they have never seen before. They are going to see all of me."
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video