Paula Deen Rebuilds Empire With New Digital Network
Paula Deen continues to rebuild her empire after she saw it crumbling down last year due to racial discrimination and sexual harassment lawsuit put up against her. She has now announced "The Paula Deen Network", a subscription-based Internet network which launches in September.
"Guess who's going digital, y'all! I'm so excited about my new online network and can't wait to show everyone what we've been working on," Deen said in a statement. "We're going to have so much fun being together and cooking up some wonderful new and classic dishes. Y'all can get my recipes, tips and cooking anytime you want - this is for you. I can't wait to crank up the oven and get cooking for the people I love: my family, my friends and my fans!"
The network will include exclusive videos featuring Deen and guests cooking in front of an audience from a production studio near her home in Savannah, Ga. "I am working around the clock creating new healthy and quick recipes, shows and content," the chef told USA Today.
The project is part of Phoenix-based Najafi Cos. investment which was announced back in February. She told The Wall Street Journal that she had the option to have the show on TV but later saw the Web as more approachable.
"After much research and talking to our fans, this is what they wanted. They wanted to be able to watch me anytime, anywhere, any place," Deen said. "IPads are so much lighter to tote around than a TV. In a network program, you only have 22 minutes. The fans are going to see things they have never seen before. They are going to see all of me."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy