Kristen Wiig Reunites With 'Bridesmaids' Partner for New Comedy
Kristen Wiig has announced she has a new project that will reunite her with "Bridesmaids" partner Annie Mumolo. A comedy about two best friends, the project will also be a directorial debut for the former "Saturday Night Live" star.
"We're very excited to be writing," Wiig and Mumolo said in a statement. "We will be going into a cave for months to finish. An actual cave. We found one that's nice and big. We're putting a couch in there." The women received an Oscar nomination for 2011's "Bridesmaids" for best screenplay.
Details about the film are kept under wrap. Tom Rothman's production company TriStar said it will follow two best friends who find themselves in over their heads and out of their depths. Wiig and Mumolo will play the two main characters.
"Kristen and Annie assured me that the film will be a searing and depressing drama, which is what the world needs right now," Rothman said. "So we grabbed it. Perhaps more to the point, these two supremely talented ladies are always ahead of the comedy curve and as we at TriStar push for originality, we are lucky as hell to be in business with them. The chance to hopefully make Kristen's first film as a director is the cherry on top."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy