'Game of Thrones' Author George R.R. Martin Joins Twitter
George R.R. Martin, the author of fantasy novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire" which was adapted into HBO's series "Game of Thrones", joined Twitter on June 9 with the handle @GRRMspeaking. His first tweet was, "I don't tweet all that much, please check out my live journal page. ;) #myfirstTweet."
Although George has not posted anything since his first tweet, he has already got 72,6k followers. The novelist may not be active on Twitter but he has been actively writing his blog on Live Journal. This month, he has already posted eight times.
"Game of Thrones" had become the most anticipated series even before its premiere back in 2011. The series starring Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Lena Headey is currently in its fourth season that will wrap up with the season finale on Sunday, June 15.
Recently, George urged fans to make a donation for the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and Food Depot in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Those who donate $20,000 will have future characters, who will eventually die, named after them in his upcoming novel. So far, he has raised more than $340,000 for the charity since it was launched on June 5.
More Game of Thrones News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date