'Game of Thrones' Author George R.R. Martin Joins Twitter
George R.R. Martin, the author of fantasy novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire" which was adapted into HBO's series "Game of Thrones", joined Twitter on June 9 with the handle @GRRMspeaking. His first tweet was, "I don't tweet all that much, please check out my live journal page. ;) #myfirstTweet."
Although George has not posted anything since his first tweet, he has already got 72,6k followers. The novelist may not be active on Twitter but he has been actively writing his blog on Live Journal. This month, he has already posted eight times.
"Game of Thrones" had become the most anticipated series even before its premiere back in 2011. The series starring Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Lena Headey is currently in its fourth season that will wrap up with the season finale on Sunday, June 15.
Recently, George urged fans to make a donation for the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and Food Depot in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Those who donate $20,000 will have future characters, who will eventually die, named after them in his upcoming novel. So far, he has raised more than $340,000 for the charity since it was launched on June 5.
More Game of Thrones News
- Comic-Con: 'Once Upon a Time' Season 7 Gets October Premiere Date
- Watch John Boyega Pilot a Jaeger in 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Teaser Promo
- 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Official Title and Teaser Are Unveiled
- Comic-Con: 'Teen Wolf' Season 6B Debuts New Trailer, Dylan O'Brien Makes Surprise Panelist
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Linkin Park Releases 'Talking to Myself' Video Before Reports of Chester Bennington's Death - Watch
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character