'Game of Thrones' Author George R.R. Martin Joins Twitter
George R.R. Martin, the author of fantasy novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire" which was adapted into HBO's series "Game of Thrones", joined Twitter on June 9 with the handle @GRRMspeaking. His first tweet was, "I don't tweet all that much, please check out my live journal page. ;) #myfirstTweet."
Although George has not posted anything since his first tweet, he has already got 72,6k followers. The novelist may not be active on Twitter but he has been actively writing his blog on Live Journal. This month, he has already posted eight times.
"Game of Thrones" had become the most anticipated series even before its premiere back in 2011. The series starring Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Lena Headey is currently in its fourth season that will wrap up with the season finale on Sunday, June 15.
Recently, George urged fans to make a donation for the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary and Food Depot in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Those who donate $20,000 will have future characters, who will eventually die, named after them in his upcoming novel. So far, he has raised more than $340,000 for the charity since it was launched on June 5.
More Game of Thrones News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'