Chelsea Handler on Why She Quits Show: I'm Tired of Justin Bieber and the Kardashians
Chelsea Handler is ending the seven-year run of her E! talk show "Chelsea Lately" in August. In a new interview with MailOnline, the TV host revealed that she wanted to quit the show simply because she's tired of talking about celebrities, especially the over-exposed ones.
"To be quite honest I don't really care about Justin Bieber and I don't want to talk about him anymore," the 39-year-old star said. "In order to make that happen I had to just stop doing my show. Straight away."
Handler admitted that she's also sick of talking about the Kardashian family, whose "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" airs on the same network as her late-night show.
She explained, "You can sit around and complain about all that s**t and the Kardashians all day but if you're participating in it then what can you do? It really didn't feel great doing the show and the only way to sort things out was to extricate myself from the entire situation."
After Handler announced her departure from E! last month, rumors emerged suggesting that she'd replace Craig Ferguson as the host on CBS' "Late Late Show". In the interview with MailOnline, Handler put the rumors to rest.
"I'm not doing CBS Late Late. Anything being rumored is not what I'm doing," she said. "I'm going to do a show. It will be a refresh situation, a little bit more mindful and a little bit more interesting for me and my viewers."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group