Jermaine Dupri Pens Open Letter to Mariah Carey's Fans Who Blame Her Album Flop on Him
Mariah Carey's fans have been blaming the star's current manager Jermaine Dupri for her disastrous new album, "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse". The producer, who's clearly sick of the criticism, then decided to pen an open letter in which he gave the fans a little insight on the situation.
"Okay enough is enough!! I can't continue to let you think, what you see or don't see is a result of me not knowing what I'm doing," he wrote. "This is bigger than me and in the music business things don't go as fast as you would always like them to."
"If you know my history, you know I want to go down as one of the greatest produces of all times. I want to be mentioned with the greats like Berry Gordy and Clive Davis when people talk about putting out artist," he continued.
"So for me, allowing you to believe I don't care about the promotion of the Mariah record and I don't see you screaming at me, that this song and that song needs to be a single, goes against everything that I'm about, believe me!" he added. "Everything that you question Will be answered ASAP!!!!"
Carey's new album, which was pushed back numerous times before being dropped late last month, last week landed at No. 3 on Billboard 200 with less than 60,000 copies sold. That's the singer's smallest opening sales for a non-holiday album. The album's singles also failed to impress listeners.
While her music flops, Carey is now promoting her new Butterfly drink. Fans took to Twitter to tell Carey and Dupri that the two should've focused more on her music. "WHAT? DRINK? LET'S GO BACK TO THE MUSIC, PERFORMANCES, TOUR... SINGING...," a Twitter user wrote. "Don't get them at all, the focus should be the album !!" another added.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift