Couple Pleads Not Guilty in Miley Cyrus Burglary Case
A man and a woman who allegedly are connected to a burglary case in Miley Cyrus' home earlier this month had entered not guilty plea, prosecutors said on Tuesday, June 10. A 19-year-old Tylor Scott and a 21-year-old Naomi Charles entered the plea on Monday.
The pair are accused of taking a 2014 Maserati, some pieces of jewelry, clothes and purses from Cyrus' San Fernando Valley home on May 30. They were arrested on Thursday, June 5 and were charged with felony counts of first degree residential burglary, grand theft of personal property, grand theft auto and unlawful driving or taking of a vehicle. Most of the items were recovered during the investigation.
Scott previously was charged with first degree residential burglary and grand theft firearm following a burglary at a Woodland Hills, Los Angeles home on May 15 where he allegedly took a 9-millimeter Luger handgun. The pair allegedly had the gun with them during the break-in at Cyrus' residence.
Scott and Charles are being held under $150,000 and $100,000 bail respectively. Scott may face up to nine years in prison while Charles may serve seven years and eight months if convicted.
Cyrus is currently on European leg of her tour which was launched to support her album "Bangerz". She was scheduled to perform in Vienna, Austria on Tuesday night, but she apparently was not in her best condition. A few hours before the gig, she tweeted, "Hope I don't suck tonight... still sick."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'