Morrissey Cancels Remaining U.S. Tour Dates due to Respiratory Infection
Morrissey, who's previously scrapped some shows due to an illness, has canceled the remaining dates of his U.S. tour. According to a statement on his Facebook page, the singer made the decision after the respiratory infection he contracted in Miami got worse.
"In the interest of making a full recovery, all further touring plans have been halted," read the statement posted on Tuesday, June 10. "Morrissey thanks his fans for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes during this difficult period as he recuperates."
Morrissey planned a string of tour dates to support his new album, "World Peace Is None of Your Business". The record is set to be released on July 15 via Harvest Records.
His U.S. tour began in early May and was scheduled to run through the end of June. After his Miami show on May 31, the former member of The Smiths canceled a show at Atlanta's Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center and another gig at the Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back