Morrissey Cancels Remaining U.S. Tour Dates due to Respiratory Infection
Morrissey, who's previously scrapped some shows due to an illness, has canceled the remaining dates of his U.S. tour. According to a statement on his Facebook page, the singer made the decision after the respiratory infection he contracted in Miami got worse.
"In the interest of making a full recovery, all further touring plans have been halted," read the statement posted on Tuesday, June 10. "Morrissey thanks his fans for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes during this difficult period as he recuperates."
Morrissey planned a string of tour dates to support his new album, "World Peace Is None of Your Business". The record is set to be released on July 15 via Harvest Records.
His U.S. tour began in early May and was scheduled to run through the end of June. After his Miami show on May 31, the former member of The Smiths canceled a show at Atlanta's Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center and another gig at the Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift