Stevie J Busted for Not Paying $1 Million Child Support
Stevie J, a primary cast member of TV series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta", got arrested on June 10, in Atlanta, Georgia for owing more than $1 million in unpaid child support. The child support was an obligation that Stevie had to pay for his two children with his ex-girlfriend, Carol Bennet.
In 1999, Stevie had an obligation to pay child support of a minimum $6,600 per month for his two children with Bennet. In 2011, the amount of the child support was increased to $8,500. According to the criminal complaint, the singer-songwriter has stopped paying from 2001 and his tab is now $1,107,412. He has only paid $132,220.30.
In October 2013, Bennet's representative stated, "Under the 1992 Child Support Recovery Act, it is a crime to leave a state owing more than $10,000 in unpaid child support arrears for more than 2 years. Mr. Jordan owed more than 20 times that when he left New York to live in the state of Georgia."
Because of the violation he has done, Stevie will be charged with failure of paying child support with a maximum sentence of two years in jail.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special