Stevie J Busted for Not Paying $1 Million Child Support
Stevie J, a primary cast member of TV series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta", got arrested on June 10, in Atlanta, Georgia for owing more than $1 million in unpaid child support. The child support was an obligation that Stevie had to pay for his two children with his ex-girlfriend, Carol Bennet.
In 1999, Stevie had an obligation to pay child support of a minimum $6,600 per month for his two children with Bennet. In 2011, the amount of the child support was increased to $8,500. According to the criminal complaint, the singer-songwriter has stopped paying from 2001 and his tab is now $1,107,412. He has only paid $132,220.30.
In October 2013, Bennet's representative stated, "Under the 1992 Child Support Recovery Act, it is a crime to leave a state owing more than $10,000 in unpaid child support arrears for more than 2 years. Mr. Jordan owed more than 20 times that when he left New York to live in the state of Georgia."
Because of the violation he has done, Stevie will be charged with failure of paying child support with a maximum sentence of two years in jail.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip