Stevie J Busted for Not Paying $1 Million Child Support
Stevie J, a primary cast member of TV series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta", got arrested on June 10, in Atlanta, Georgia for owing more than $1 million in unpaid child support. The child support was an obligation that Stevie had to pay for his two children with his ex-girlfriend, Carol Bennet.
In 1999, Stevie had an obligation to pay child support of a minimum $6,600 per month for his two children with Bennet. In 2011, the amount of the child support was increased to $8,500. According to the criminal complaint, the singer-songwriter has stopped paying from 2001 and his tab is now $1,107,412. He has only paid $132,220.30.
In October 2013, Bennet's representative stated, "Under the 1992 Child Support Recovery Act, it is a crime to leave a state owing more than $10,000 in unpaid child support arrears for more than 2 years. Mr. Jordan owed more than 20 times that when he left New York to live in the state of Georgia."
Because of the violation he has done, Stevie will be charged with failure of paying child support with a maximum sentence of two years in jail.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard