Stevie J Busted for Not Paying $1 Million Child Support
Stevie J, a primary cast member of TV series "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta", got arrested on June 10, in Atlanta, Georgia for owing more than $1 million in unpaid child support. The child support was an obligation that Stevie had to pay for his two children with his ex-girlfriend, Carol Bennet.
In 1999, Stevie had an obligation to pay child support of a minimum $6,600 per month for his two children with Bennet. In 2011, the amount of the child support was increased to $8,500. According to the criminal complaint, the singer-songwriter has stopped paying from 2001 and his tab is now $1,107,412. He has only paid $132,220.30.
In October 2013, Bennet's representative stated, "Under the 1992 Child Support Recovery Act, it is a crime to leave a state owing more than $10,000 in unpaid child support arrears for more than 2 years. Mr. Jordan owed more than 20 times that when he left New York to live in the state of Georgia."
Because of the violation he has done, Stevie will be charged with failure of paying child support with a maximum sentence of two years in jail.
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs