Eminem Named the First Artist With Two RIAA Digital Single Diamond Awards
Eminem has set another record. On Tuesday, June 10, the Recording Industry Association of America announced that the Detroit rapper had become the first artist to earn two RIAA Digital Single Diamond Awards.
Em received the honor after "Not Afraid" and Rihanna-assisted "Love the Way You Lie", both are taken from his 2010 album "Recovery", surpassed the 10 million sales and streams threshold. The former track is 10x platinum while the latter is 11x platinum.
"We are delighted to recognize Eminem as the first artist to earn two RIAA Digital Diamond Awards," Cary Sherman, RIAA's chairman & CEO, said in a statement. "This singular achievement - earning a Diamond Award on two separate digital songs - is unparalleled, and we congratulate him on forever etching a mark in Gold & Platinum Program history."
Eminem also owns two Diamond-certified albums, 2000's "The Marshall Mathers LP" and 2002's "The Eminem Show". He has sold over 37 million albums and 31 million digital singles in the United States.
The rapper put out his latest album, "MMLP2", last year. The record has spawned several singles including "The Monster", another collaboration with Rihanna that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 100. In August, Em and his frequent collaborator will co-headline "The Monster" tour that is stopping in Los Angeles, Detroit and New York.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'