Eminem Named the First Artist With Two RIAA Digital Single Diamond Awards
Eminem has set another record. On Tuesday, June 10, the Recording Industry Association of America announced that the Detroit rapper had become the first artist to earn two RIAA Digital Single Diamond Awards.
Em received the honor after "Not Afraid" and Rihanna-assisted "Love the Way You Lie", both are taken from his 2010 album "Recovery", surpassed the 10 million sales and streams threshold. The former track is 10x platinum while the latter is 11x platinum.
"We are delighted to recognize Eminem as the first artist to earn two RIAA Digital Diamond Awards," Cary Sherman, RIAA's chairman & CEO, said in a statement. "This singular achievement - earning a Diamond Award on two separate digital songs - is unparalleled, and we congratulate him on forever etching a mark in Gold & Platinum Program history."
Eminem also owns two Diamond-certified albums, 2000's "The Marshall Mathers LP" and 2002's "The Eminem Show". He has sold over 37 million albums and 31 million digital singles in the United States.
The rapper put out his latest album, "MMLP2", last year. The record has spawned several singles including "The Monster", another collaboration with Rihanna that peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 100. In August, Em and his frequent collaborator will co-headline "The Monster" tour that is stopping in Los Angeles, Detroit and New York.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'