'Pretty Little Liars' Will Return for Two More Seasons
"Pretty Little Liars" is staying for at least two more summers. ABC Family renewed the hit thriller series for a sixth and seventh season, on the same day the fifth season premiered. Season 6 is scheduled to premiere in mid-2015, while season 7 will kick off in mid-2016.
"Pretty Little Liars has taken its place in the zeitgeist and reigns supreme in pop culture," ABC Family President Tom Ascheim says in a statement. "I am glad to bring another two seasons to our audience because 'A' has a lot in store for our Liars."
"Pretty Little Liars" has been a flagship drama on ABC Family, becoming the network's No. 1 series in total viewers with an average of 3.8 million and all target demos, including adults 18-34 (1.5 million/2.2 rating).
The fifth season debuted Tuesday, June 10. Executive producer Marlene King described it as "the uber season."
She told Entertainment Weekly, "It's just the season where everything is so big. The premiere feels like a finale. It's heightened drama, big emotions, big mystery. It's really paced in a fast way. A lot happens really quickly. People will be very excited and on the edge of their seats, especially these first episodes back. Just don't take a breath. Just go go go. It's the season of go go go."
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Preview:
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Clip:
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville