'Pretty Little Liars' Will Return for Two More Seasons
"Pretty Little Liars" is staying for at least two more summers. ABC Family renewed the hit thriller series for a sixth and seventh season, on the same day the fifth season premiered. Season 6 is scheduled to premiere in mid-2015, while season 7 will kick off in mid-2016.
"Pretty Little Liars has taken its place in the zeitgeist and reigns supreme in pop culture," ABC Family President Tom Ascheim says in a statement. "I am glad to bring another two seasons to our audience because 'A' has a lot in store for our Liars."
"Pretty Little Liars" has been a flagship drama on ABC Family, becoming the network's No. 1 series in total viewers with an average of 3.8 million and all target demos, including adults 18-34 (1.5 million/2.2 rating).
The fifth season debuted Tuesday, June 10. Executive producer Marlene King described it as "the uber season."
She told Entertainment Weekly, "It's just the season where everything is so big. The premiere feels like a finale. It's heightened drama, big emotions, big mystery. It's really paced in a fast way. A lot happens really quickly. People will be very excited and on the edge of their seats, especially these first episodes back. Just don't take a breath. Just go go go. It's the season of go go go."
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Preview:
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Clip:
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards