'Pretty Little Liars' Will Return for Two More Seasons
"Pretty Little Liars" is staying for at least two more summers. ABC Family renewed the hit thriller series for a sixth and seventh season, on the same day the fifth season premiered. Season 6 is scheduled to premiere in mid-2015, while season 7 will kick off in mid-2016.
"Pretty Little Liars has taken its place in the zeitgeist and reigns supreme in pop culture," ABC Family President Tom Ascheim says in a statement. "I am glad to bring another two seasons to our audience because 'A' has a lot in store for our Liars."
"Pretty Little Liars" has been a flagship drama on ABC Family, becoming the network's No. 1 series in total viewers with an average of 3.8 million and all target demos, including adults 18-34 (1.5 million/2.2 rating).
The fifth season debuted Tuesday, June 10. Executive producer Marlene King described it as "the uber season."
She told Entertainment Weekly, "It's just the season where everything is so big. The premiere feels like a finale. It's heightened drama, big emotions, big mystery. It's really paced in a fast way. A lot happens really quickly. People will be very excited and on the edge of their seats, especially these first episodes back. Just don't take a breath. Just go go go. It's the season of go go go."
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Preview:
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Clip:
More Pretty Little Liars News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director