'Pretty Little Liars' Will Return for Two More Seasons
"Pretty Little Liars" is staying for at least two more summers. ABC Family renewed the hit thriller series for a sixth and seventh season, on the same day the fifth season premiered. Season 6 is scheduled to premiere in mid-2015, while season 7 will kick off in mid-2016.
"Pretty Little Liars has taken its place in the zeitgeist and reigns supreme in pop culture," ABC Family President Tom Ascheim says in a statement. "I am glad to bring another two seasons to our audience because 'A' has a lot in store for our Liars."
"Pretty Little Liars" has been a flagship drama on ABC Family, becoming the network's No. 1 series in total viewers with an average of 3.8 million and all target demos, including adults 18-34 (1.5 million/2.2 rating).
The fifth season debuted Tuesday, June 10. Executive producer Marlene King described it as "the uber season."
She told Entertainment Weekly, "It's just the season where everything is so big. The premiere feels like a finale. It's heightened drama, big emotions, big mystery. It's really paced in a fast way. A lot happens really quickly. People will be very excited and on the edge of their seats, especially these first episodes back. Just don't take a breath. Just go go go. It's the season of go go go."
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Preview:
"Pretty Little Liars" 5.02 Clip:
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?