Sandra Bullock Home Intruder Charged
A 39-year-old man who broke into Sandra Bullock's home on Sunday morning, June 8 entered not guilty plea as he made an appearance in court on Tuesday. The man, Joshua James Corbett, was previously charged with felony counts of residential burglary and stalking, Deputy District Attorney Wendy Segall told CNN.
Corbett additionally was charged with possession of a machine gun although he did not have any with him during his arrest. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department explained to Fox411 that the machine gun was found in Corbett's home after obtaining search warrant.
Corbett is held under a $185,000 bail. He may spend up to 7 years and 4 months in prison if convicted.
Back on Sunday, Corbett allegedly climbed the fence surrounding the "Gravity" actress' property in Beverly Hills at 5 A.M. A report for the break-in was made at 6.30 A.M. Bullock apparently was sleeping when the man gained access to her house. A representative for the Oscar-winning actress later said that she was "unharmed and fine."
In other news, the "Speed" star recently responded to reports of her dating Chris Evans with a joke. "You guys are a little behind," she told Entertainment Tonight.
"We've since married and it started breaking apart, so we separated," Bullock said of the "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" star. "We filed for divorce, and I hope everyone can respect our privacy. But we're going to remain friends and share responsibility of the farm animals we've taken on, because you just can't abandon the animals."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl