Jennifer Lopez Is Performing at World Cup Opening Ceremony
Jennifer Lopez will perform at the World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil, despite previous reports suggesting otherwise. Her representative has told PEOPLE that the star will be joining Pitbull and Claudia Leitte to sing the official World Cup song at the Thursday, June 12 event.
"Jennifer has always wanted to participate in the World Cup opening ceremonies," the rep said. "We have been trying to work out scheduling and logistics. Any statements to the contrary were premature. Jennifer would not want to disappoint her fans or fans of futbol. She will be there."
Lopez, Pitbull and Brazilian singer Leitte collaborated on this year's official World Cup song titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)". Earlier this week, FIFA announced that the "American Idol" judge wouldn't perform the track at the Thursday event due to unspecified "production issues."
"We can confirm the accuracy of FIFA's statement. Regretfully Jennifer Lopez will not be attending this year's World Cup opening ceremonies," J.Lo's rep confirmed in a statement issued shortly after FIFA made the announcement.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'