Jennifer Lopez Is Performing at World Cup Opening Ceremony
Jennifer Lopez will perform at the World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil, despite previous reports suggesting otherwise. Her representative has told PEOPLE that the star will be joining Pitbull and Claudia Leitte to sing the official World Cup song at the Thursday, June 12 event.
"Jennifer has always wanted to participate in the World Cup opening ceremonies," the rep said. "We have been trying to work out scheduling and logistics. Any statements to the contrary were premature. Jennifer would not want to disappoint her fans or fans of futbol. She will be there."
Lopez, Pitbull and Brazilian singer Leitte collaborated on this year's official World Cup song titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)". Earlier this week, FIFA announced that the "American Idol" judge wouldn't perform the track at the Thursday event due to unspecified "production issues."
"We can confirm the accuracy of FIFA's statement. Regretfully Jennifer Lopez will not be attending this year's World Cup opening ceremonies," J.Lo's rep confirmed in a statement issued shortly after FIFA made the announcement.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl