Olympic Gold Medalist Charlie White Engaged to Tanith Belbin
Charlie White is settling down. The Olympic ice skating gold medalist popped the question to his figure skating girlfriend Tanith Belbin in Hawaii. He broke the news on Instagram by posting a picture of him and his new fiancee smiling from ear to ear with a backdrop of ocean. She is seen showing her engagement ring.
"Couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting for the best time in our life! Hashtag she said yes!!!" the 26-year-old athlete wrote. "I promised myself I wouldn't do this. But I think Hawaii took that as a challenge 'cause dang! Look at that!" so he added in another picture of rainbow above the ocean.
The engagement came just weeks after he finished fifth on "Dancing with the Stars". He said Belbin, 29, didn't mind he was rumored dating his dance partner Meryl Davis. "She gets it," he told PEOPLE in March. "She won the silver medal in 2006 with her partner Ben Agosto, and people were always like, 'Are you guys dating?' It's just something you get as dancers. [Her understanding] makes my life so much easier."
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event