Olympic Gold Medalist Charlie White Engaged to Tanith Belbin
Charlie White is settling down. The Olympic ice skating gold medalist popped the question to his figure skating girlfriend Tanith Belbin in Hawaii. He broke the news on Instagram by posting a picture of him and his new fiancee smiling from ear to ear with a backdrop of ocean. She is seen showing her engagement ring.
"Couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting for the best time in our life! Hashtag she said yes!!!" the 26-year-old athlete wrote. "I promised myself I wouldn't do this. But I think Hawaii took that as a challenge 'cause dang! Look at that!" so he added in another picture of rainbow above the ocean.
The engagement came just weeks after he finished fifth on "Dancing with the Stars". He said Belbin, 29, didn't mind he was rumored dating his dance partner Meryl Davis. "She gets it," he told PEOPLE in March. "She won the silver medal in 2006 with her partner Ben Agosto, and people were always like, 'Are you guys dating?' It's just something you get as dancers. [Her understanding] makes my life so much easier."
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer