Iggy Azalea Denies Feuding With Lorde Following Nirvana Tribute Criticism
Rumors about Iggy Azalea feuding with Lorde emerged after the former criticized the latter's tribute to Nirvana and its late frontman Kurt Cobain at the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony earlier this year. The Australian raptress has now taken to Twitter to deny the false reports and slam the media.
"I consider lorde my very talented friend. I find it ironic 2 girls tell the media they're full of s**t & weeks later supposedly I dislike her," Azalea wrote on Monday, June 9. "My opinion on the makings of a touching musical tribute wasn't meant as some back door way to take a dig at her or the performance she gave."
"Sorry if it came across that way, it's not what I intended & I feel genuinely bad about it because I still think lorde is an awesome chick," she added.
During the April's induction ceremony, Lorde performed with Nirvana's surviving members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic as well as Kim Gordon, St. Vincent and Joan Jett.
Azalea voiced her opinion about the performance when she sat down for an interview with Billboard magazine. She said, "Nothing against [Lorde], but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer."
"Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate," she added.
More Iggy Azalea News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital