Iggy Azalea Denies Feuding With Lorde Following Nirvana Tribute Criticism
Rumors about Iggy Azalea feuding with Lorde emerged after the former criticized the latter's tribute to Nirvana and its late frontman Kurt Cobain at the Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony earlier this year. The Australian raptress has now taken to Twitter to deny the false reports and slam the media.
"I consider lorde my very talented friend. I find it ironic 2 girls tell the media they're full of s**t & weeks later supposedly I dislike her," Azalea wrote on Monday, June 9. "My opinion on the makings of a touching musical tribute wasn't meant as some back door way to take a dig at her or the performance she gave."
"Sorry if it came across that way, it's not what I intended & I feel genuinely bad about it because I still think lorde is an awesome chick," she added.
During the April's induction ceremony, Lorde performed with Nirvana's surviving members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic as well as Kim Gordon, St. Vincent and Joan Jett.
Azalea voiced her opinion about the performance when she sat down for an interview with Billboard magazine. She said, "Nothing against [Lorde], but I think when you're doing a tribute to someone that's dead, generally it should be the person's peer."
"Lorde is not Kurt Cobain's peer. No matter if she killed the performance or not, I just don't think it's appropriate," she added.
More Iggy Azalea News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris