Michael Jackson's Estate Plots Eight More Posthumous Albums
Michael Jackson's career is seemingly still far from over. According to a new report by Rolling Stone, the family of the late King of Pop is now plotting eight more posthumous albums as they still have plenty of materials in their vaults.
"We got more surprises coming," said Rodney Jerkins who served as a producer of Jackson's second posthumous album "Xscape". There's still no word on when fans can finally listen to something new.
One of the problems with new Jacko releases would probably be the little demand for his new music. "After a while, a certain part of the audience stops listening," explained Dan Beck, a former Epic Records exec who worked closely with Jackson.
"Xscape", which was released last month, received mixed reviews from music critics. Executive produced by Timbaland, the record debuted at No. 2 on Billboard 200. Its lead single "Love Never Felt So Good" peaked at No. 9 on Billboard 100.
More Michael Jackson News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host