Ice Cube's Son to Play the Rapper in N.W.A Biopic 'Straight Outta Compton'
One of the main actors in "Straight Outta Compton" is cast. According to a scoop from The Wrap, O'Shea Jackson Jr. is tapped to play his real-life father Ice Cube in the movie about the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based rap group N.W.A
The members of the hip-hop group included Ice Cube, Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, and DJ Yella. Arabian Prince was also among the founding members, but left shortly after MC Ren joined the gang. The group was active from 1986 to 1991.
Cube and Dre serve as producers for the biopic along with Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright. F. Gary Gray ("The Italian Job") will be directing from a script by Jonathan Herman. Cube described it as a "dramatic story that encompasses hip-hop, dope-dealing, Reaganomics, AIDS, LAPD, rap feuds, FBI, PMRC, the Parental Advisory stickers on the records... all of it."
Cube has been campaigning to get his son in the movie for a while now. "I've been trying to get that pushed along. Just wanna make sure that he's the best man for the job," he told The Guardian. Eazy-E's son is reportedly also eying a role in the movie, but an unknown actor is tapped to play the character.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group