Ice Cube's Son to Play the Rapper in N.W.A Biopic 'Straight Outta Compton'
One of the main actors in "Straight Outta Compton" is cast. According to a scoop from The Wrap, O'Shea Jackson Jr. is tapped to play his real-life father Ice Cube in the movie about the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based rap group N.W.A
The members of the hip-hop group included Ice Cube, Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, and DJ Yella. Arabian Prince was also among the founding members, but left shortly after MC Ren joined the gang. The group was active from 1986 to 1991.
Cube and Dre serve as producers for the biopic along with Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright. F. Gary Gray ("The Italian Job") will be directing from a script by Jonathan Herman. Cube described it as a "dramatic story that encompasses hip-hop, dope-dealing, Reaganomics, AIDS, LAPD, rap feuds, FBI, PMRC, the Parental Advisory stickers on the records... all of it."
Cube has been campaigning to get his son in the movie for a while now. "I've been trying to get that pushed along. Just wanna make sure that he's the best man for the job," he told The Guardian. Eazy-E's son is reportedly also eying a role in the movie, but an unknown actor is tapped to play the character.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame