Ice Cube's Son to Play the Rapper in N.W.A Biopic 'Straight Outta Compton'
One of the main actors in "Straight Outta Compton" is cast. According to a scoop from The Wrap, O'Shea Jackson Jr. is tapped to play his real-life father Ice Cube in the movie about the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based rap group N.W.A
The members of the hip-hop group included Ice Cube, Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, and DJ Yella. Arabian Prince was also among the founding members, but left shortly after MC Ren joined the gang. The group was active from 1986 to 1991.
Cube and Dre serve as producers for the biopic along with Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright. F. Gary Gray ("The Italian Job") will be directing from a script by Jonathan Herman. Cube described it as a "dramatic story that encompasses hip-hop, dope-dealing, Reaganomics, AIDS, LAPD, rap feuds, FBI, PMRC, the Parental Advisory stickers on the records... all of it."
Cube has been campaigning to get his son in the movie for a while now. "I've been trying to get that pushed along. Just wanna make sure that he's the best man for the job," he told The Guardian. Eazy-E's son is reportedly also eying a role in the movie, but an unknown actor is tapped to play the character.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass