Sigourney Weaver Confirmed to Play New Character in 'Avatar' Sequels
Sigourney Weaver is already set to return for all "Avatar" sequels, and now James Cameron explains how he will bring back the actress since her character met her demise in the first movie. The director says Weaver will play a different role in next installments.
"Sigourney and I have a long creative history, dating back to 1985 when we made Aliens. We're good friends who've always worked well together, so it just feels right that she's coming back for the Avatar sequels," Cameron said in a statement as quoted by THR.
"Her character of Grace Augustine, as fans know, died in the first movie, so she's playing a different and in many ways more challenging character in the upcoming films. We're both looking forward to this new creative challenge, the latest chapter in our long and continuing collaboration."
The actress herself said of her return to the franchise, "It will be challenging for me. I can't talk about it, but my part is a little different in each one. I'll transform somewhat. We'll have to talk again when I survive this. For now, I'm going to skittle around and enjoy this leisure time."
"Avatar 2" is due December 2016, "Avatar 3" is scheduled for December 2017, and "Avatar 4" is planned for 2018. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are signed on to reprise their roles as Jake Sully and Princess Neytiri respectively, while Stephen Lang will be back as Colonel Quaritch.
More Avatar 2 News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3