David Fincher and Rooney Mara to Reunite for 'Red Sparrow'
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" director David Fincher and actress Rooney Mara are heading for a reunion. They are eyed for spy thriller "Red Sparrow" which was originally set to be a directing vehicle for Darren Aronofsky before the "Noah" helmer departed early this year.
Eric Warren Singer ("American Hustle") is in talks to write the script based on Jason Matthews' novel of the same name. Mara is expected to play a spy and "trained seductress" who is on a mission to kill a young CIA officer. In the movie set in modern-day Russia, the two agents soon "collide in a duel of wills, tradecraft, and - inevitably - forbidden passion."
Fincher and Mara's first collaboration was released in 2011. The director's next project is a novel adaptation "Gone Girl" starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. Mara, meanwhile, is attached to play Tiger Lily in Joe Wright's Peter Pan film.
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots