David Fincher and Rooney Mara to Reunite for 'Red Sparrow'
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" director David Fincher and actress Rooney Mara are heading for a reunion. They are eyed for spy thriller "Red Sparrow" which was originally set to be a directing vehicle for Darren Aronofsky before the "Noah" helmer departed early this year.
Eric Warren Singer ("American Hustle") is in talks to write the script based on Jason Matthews' novel of the same name. Mara is expected to play a spy and "trained seductress" who is on a mission to kill a young CIA officer. In the movie set in modern-day Russia, the two agents soon "collide in a duel of wills, tradecraft, and - inevitably - forbidden passion."
Fincher and Mara's first collaboration was released in 2011. The director's next project is a novel adaptation "Gone Girl" starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. Mara, meanwhile, is attached to play Tiger Lily in Joe Wright's Peter Pan film.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift