David Fincher and Rooney Mara to Reunite for 'Red Sparrow'
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" director David Fincher and actress Rooney Mara are heading for a reunion. They are eyed for spy thriller "Red Sparrow" which was originally set to be a directing vehicle for Darren Aronofsky before the "Noah" helmer departed early this year.
Eric Warren Singer ("American Hustle") is in talks to write the script based on Jason Matthews' novel of the same name. Mara is expected to play a spy and "trained seductress" who is on a mission to kill a young CIA officer. In the movie set in modern-day Russia, the two agents soon "collide in a duel of wills, tradecraft, and - inevitably - forbidden passion."
Fincher and Mara's first collaboration was released in 2011. The director's next project is a novel adaptation "Gone Girl" starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. Mara, meanwhile, is attached to play Tiger Lily in Joe Wright's Peter Pan film.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding