David Fincher and Rooney Mara to Reunite for 'Red Sparrow'
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" director David Fincher and actress Rooney Mara are heading for a reunion. They are eyed for spy thriller "Red Sparrow" which was originally set to be a directing vehicle for Darren Aronofsky before the "Noah" helmer departed early this year.
Eric Warren Singer ("American Hustle") is in talks to write the script based on Jason Matthews' novel of the same name. Mara is expected to play a spy and "trained seductress" who is on a mission to kill a young CIA officer. In the movie set in modern-day Russia, the two agents soon "collide in a duel of wills, tradecraft, and - inevitably - forbidden passion."
Fincher and Mara's first collaboration was released in 2011. The director's next project is a novel adaptation "Gone Girl" starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. Mara, meanwhile, is attached to play Tiger Lily in Joe Wright's Peter Pan film.
More Red Sparrow News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'