David Fincher and Rooney Mara to Reunite for 'Red Sparrow'
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" director David Fincher and actress Rooney Mara are heading for a reunion. They are eyed for spy thriller "Red Sparrow" which was originally set to be a directing vehicle for Darren Aronofsky before the "Noah" helmer departed early this year.
Eric Warren Singer ("American Hustle") is in talks to write the script based on Jason Matthews' novel of the same name. Mara is expected to play a spy and "trained seductress" who is on a mission to kill a young CIA officer. In the movie set in modern-day Russia, the two agents soon "collide in a duel of wills, tradecraft, and - inevitably - forbidden passion."
Fincher and Mara's first collaboration was released in 2011. The director's next project is a novel adaptation "Gone Girl" starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike. Mara, meanwhile, is attached to play Tiger Lily in Joe Wright's Peter Pan film.
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer