Video: Sir Mix-A-Lot Performs 'Baby Got Back' With Seattle Symphony
Sir Mix-A-Lot teamed up with the Seattle Orchestra to give his 1992 hit "Baby Got Back" an orchestral remix. For the special performance, he invited some ladies to join him onstage. "I'm going to leave some of this open if a couple of ladies would like to get up on the stage," he told the crowd at Seattle's Benaroya Hall.
"I don't touch. We will not bite unless you want us to," he joked before a bunch of women rushed to the stage. They busted out some dance moves and shook their rear-ends as the 50-year-old rapper tackled the classic.
The appearance of Sir Mix-A-Lot, who grew up in Seattle, was part of the Seattle Symphony's Sonic Evolution project which aims to combine classical music with Seattle's homegrown musical icons.
"Baby Got Back" was orchestrated by composer Gabriel Prokofiev, who is the grandson of the renowned Russian composer Sergei Prokofiev.
"My aim with this new Sir-Mix-A-Lot inspired Orchestral work was to really get inside the musical mind of Sir Mix-A-Lot; to understand how his rhythms, textures, sounds and harmonies worked, and to create a contemporary orchestral composition that was true to the music of Sir-Mix-A-Lot," Gabriel Prokofiev said on his blog.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip